By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to “break the bank” at E3 2009

I think what MS might think about doing is showing games that are more than 6-10 months away. Kind of like what sony does with its games and when done right can cause real buzz around the game and the system.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
^^^that's kinda stupid,,,cause it will hurt their own console(360)the most as people will think that console is about to be replaced.

==> no,

u can announce a new one and continue to massively release new title for your console

Remember, if u only have 200$ u have no choice than buy a Xbox360 console OR save ur money for a PS3

If u know the "next" gen is coming then u just buy the cheap Xbox360 and u will later to buy a Xbox720 forgetting the outdated/expensive PS3...

release a new console =/= discontinuating an old console

Time to Work !

@ Spartan

PS3 was announced E3 '05 released late '06

So 360 announced E3 '09 released late '10 isn't too hard to believe.

Although I see announced E3 '10 as a more likely announcement date

The only hardware news (if any) would be an update on the existing 360 - we are no where near the next gen. Further out means games coming out in 2010.

If they talk about hardware it will most likely be theoretical at this point... I highly doubt they will announce anything unless it's partners such as using ATI again and such. I think that it will be games and or the purchase of a major developer... something.... what I want is KotOR 3

Around the Network

MS isn't stupid enough to start talking about their next console at this point... They want customers to think about this generation, not the next one.

My bet would be either games for the long-term or some upgrade to the 360.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It won't be new hardware, though I am certain that will be in 2010. We should get a look at Mass Effect 2, Peter Jackson's game and probably some more Halo games. Lionhead should be showing project Dimitri and probably even more from Rare. Of course, we will get something from Mistwalker, and they are probably getting SE to give them a few more jRPGs, and they will be unveiling some new FF XIII news and probably showcase CoD 6, even though the last two wont be exclusive, though 6 may some exclusive DLC

Dimitri better not betray me like that asshole in GTA4... I'll kill it to :p

Cueil said:
Dimitri better not betray me like that asshole in GTA4... I'll kill it to :p

It's Lionhead, it will be quite odd I expect

@Munkeh111: With the uncertainty about how long the economic crisis will last, I think it would be quite stupid to plan for new hardware in 2010. People aren't exactly begging for something to empty their wallets. One or two years later than that sounds much more sensible.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957