By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 “pushing 3″ million units

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/12/08/gears-of-war-2-pushing-3-million-units/

Go gears:)

Around the Network

vg chartz have 3,3 millions already lol ...

vg chartz have 3,3 million already lol ...

@zeross: Why "lol"? 10% error margin is pretty good.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer has confirmed that Gears of War 2 is closing in on 3 million sales.

vg chartz sales: 3,3 million with a week in less .

Around the Network

I think ioi did very good on gears 2 numbers. Lets think such a huge game coming out all over the world at the same time and talking about huge numbers in a short period of time all of which makes it very hard to track and to get within 10% pritty cool.

I thought it was Gears of War 1 who was overtracked?

@zeross: I can't open the article, does it say specifically what week those sales are for?

Either way, Vgchartz didn't do bad.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer has confirmed that Gears of War 2 is closing in on 3 million sales.

“I think they’re pushing 3 [million],” said the exec, speaking in the latest Major Nelson podcast.

“Maybe [Epic VP] Mark Rein has a more up to date number.”

It just says

“I think they’re pushing 3 [million],” said the exec, speaking in the latest Major Nelson podcast.

“Maybe [Epic VP] Mark Rein has a more up to date number.”

The Epic shooter sold more than 2 million units in its opening weekend at the beginning of November.

Gears 2 sits beside Fable II as Microsoft’s biggest first-party games this Christmas.

so no exact date is given to when this podcast was done or what time frame he was talking about.