By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can You Believe We Used To Argue About.... (Fill in the black)

@OkeyDokey When I want 23 games from third parties and I only bought a little more than that many wii games since launch(including first parties)...... then yes it is a good lineup. Especially considering there will probably be more announcements as the year goes on, and 1st party titles as well. Now some of those games could also flop to the point where I don't want the game anymore, but I'm certain most of them if not all of them will be good and a few of them will be more than that.

Around the Network
frybread said:
Remember that hilarious graph from an analyst that came out less than a year ago? The one that had Wii winning the console war... then all of a sudden in the last year, PS3 sells 40+ million consoles and wins out.

I loved that

C-c-c-combo Breaker!

JerryEastwood said:
That PS3 games list that they would quote every 5 bloody minutes throughout 2008 and look how far they got!!!!, now it has gone very silent oh now actually I see it has now gone onto Killzone 2 exactly the same comments/ridiculous claims/predictions.................. If Killzone 2 sells anywhere near the amount of Gears 2 the devs will be at least relived after seeing Resistance 2 die in it's second week at full price...

Exactly.. I know you were being sarcastic, but 2008 was a great year for the PS3- seriously. They were such a disaster mid 2007, then that lineup that Sony fans had been quoting all released, and Sony outsold Microsoft holidays 07 and throughout all of 2008 up until a few months ago.

And yes, now it has gone to Killzone 2, which comes out in Feb.  It is something to look forward to!

Not to troll too much here, but what does Microsoft and Nintendo have to look forward to in Feb?

Sony fans quote the PS3 esclusive lists because they actually Exist! And they are the best the HD market has to offer.

These are Huge games, any video game enthusiast must know this, although they may not be able to admit it.

Sure any list that includes animal crossing or Halo Wars can be created, but those lists arent fooling anyone, they are not as ________ as the sony games.

@OP

My favorite were the arguments about how the GTA DLC that MS paid 50 mil for was going to be 2 separate installments which were this gens equivilant to GTA ViceCity and GTA SanAndreas.  Those were epic.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Smeags said:
frybread said:
Remember that hilarious graph from an analyst that came out less than a year ago? The one that had Wii winning the console war... then all of a sudden in the last year, PS3 sells 40+ million consoles and wins out.

I loved that

C-c-c-combo Breaker!

Actually I think this one may be even better: 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17670&start=0

Negative growth for the win, not to mention the industry shrinkage.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

LBP being hudge...

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
Everstar said:
LBP being hudge...

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious that anyone would misspell "huge" like that.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Hahahaha. I forgot about iSuppli's forecast graph, with the Xbox 360 and Wii having negative growth.

I guess that in 2010 there will be Xbox 360's and Wii's self destructing everywhere.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Final-Fan said:
Oh, I thought this was going to be about the abortion thread, "is there a god" thread, etc.

"Nintendomination at an end?" was fun. October 2007. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=8666&page=1

Word. Can we necro this thread again, seriously? As far as I know, Dodece STILL hasn't admitted that he was wrong.

Crazzyman's PS2 2001 vs. PS3 2008 sales thread was similarly epic. Too bad he's banned at the moment...

leo-j quietly edited out his 2008 Wii sales prediction from his sig, which was 29-33m at the end of the year. Hooray for Stalinist rewriting of history!

Of course, I've made bad predictions too. I argued that Assassin's Creed would sell poorly, and it was one of the top games in 2007 (whoops). I said that Grand Theft Auto wouldn't boost hardware sales more than 25%, and I was wrong (there was a noticeable hardware spike - although I was correct in the larger point that it wouldn't have any effect on the long term trends).

Most irritating old argument: could ___ PS3 game run on 360? Thankfully these have mostly died down now, since everything is multi-platform.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)