By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can You Believe We Used To Argue About.... (Fill in the black)

Final-Fan said:
"The wii is uncertain I expect it to be last in 2008." - leoj

I also seem to remember something about the wii dying after 33 million, but I'm not sure of the exact quote.

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Esmoreit said:
I also almost forgot: "Halo 3 will be THE shooter of 2007!)

Is this post

1. irony or
  2. trolling

???

I'm pretty sure he had meant that CoD4 was the best shooter of 2007 and I'm inclined to agree (Although, I wasn't a huge fan of either).

Right on the money, though I agree I wasn't all that blown away by CoD4 either.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I don't remember 33 million. I remember there were people who said that sales would fall off once it hit GC total sales. After that all the Marioboys would have bought the console and casuals are fickle.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

leo-j said:
The ps3 will be discontinued in 2008

best one

"Soriku- PS3 will be lucky to break 5 million let alone 5.5million by the end of 2007(it broke 9 million)"

Another one:

"I bought a wii because its selling out(best buy consumer)"

"The Wii is uncertain, I expect it to be last in 2008."

Also, a certain one that seems to have gone missing from your sig, no doubt due to a computer glitch.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

"PS3 vs 360 graphics"

Oh wait we still do that.

"Wii is a fad with no good games"

Oh wait we still do that.

It seems silly things do die hard.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
leo-j said:
The ps3 will be discontinued in 2008

best one

"Soriku- PS3 will be lucky to break 5 million let alone 5.5million by the end of 2007(it broke 9 million)"

Another one:

"I bought a wii because its selling out(best buy consumer)"

"The Wii is uncertain, I expect it to be last in 2008."

Also, a certain one that seems to have gone missing from your sig, no doubt due to a computer glitch.

Is that the 33 million that I remember?

axumblade said:
Final Fantasy will never go to the 360

Final Fantasy will never go to the PlayStation

... oh wait that was before this site.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

... the power of the cell.

... wii is a fad.

"The wii is uncertain I expect it to be last in 2008." - leoj [2]

This was my huge LOL. That for shure only could be the most non-thought and fanboy statement ever.

we cant forget crazzymans assertion that the Wii would die when it reached the cubes sales because "All of the marioboys would have gotten it"

The will have doubled the cubes sales... by Jan 1 or so.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut