By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN AU's Top Ten Games of 2008

superbeast1370 said:
pfft, Australians. the only good thing to come out of them is AC/DC

That's a bit rude toward Rol. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

My GotY is definitely Fallout 3...however the presence of R2 and the lack of GeoW2 on a top 10 08 list is...disturbing...to say the least.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

to be fair 4 of the games in the top 5 are multiplats, at least some ps3 and xbox360 exclusives made it, wii didn't even get a mention when it had mario kart wii and SSBB, at least one of them should've made it in the top ten IMO, it is not bad list though, the games in the top ten are mostly good games.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Looks fine to me, other than MGS4 >_>
You should get used to GTAIV winning these things, cuz this won't be the only one.

This is so subjective, name a list that 100% of people agree with. Feuding about someone else's opinion is lame, just say you don't agree with it and be on your merry way.

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Rei said:
My GOTY is Left 4 Dead, it's been awhile since I've been such an extremely exciting and atmospheric game.

MGS4 was okay for me, nothing amazing: bought it on release date, finished once and never touched it again. Fallout I am yet to play but PC community in my country says the game sucks and clearly aimed towards console crowd - so I will most likely not like it. GTA IV was good but it's not my GOTY.

Let me ask you this: did you ever play all the previous Metal Gear games (meaning starting from the MSX to this one)? I think you have to play the previous games to understand what Kojima really tried to accomplish with the game. You can also notice the gameplay tweaks better and all.

Games or movies or anything that rely heavily on self-referentiality and/or familiarity with previous installments limit themselves to niche audiences.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Rei said:
My GOTY is Left 4 Dead, it's been awhile since I've been such an extremely exciting and atmospheric game.

MGS4 was okay for me, nothing amazing: bought it on release date, finished once and never touched it again. Fallout I am yet to play but PC community in my country says the game sucks and clearly aimed towards console crowd - so I will most likely not like it. GTA IV was good but it's not my GOTY.

Let me ask you this: did you ever play all the previous Metal Gear games (meaning starting from the MSX to this one)? I think you have to play the previous games to understand what Kojima really tried to accomplish with the game. You can also notice the gameplay tweaks better and all.

Games or movies or anything that rely heavily on self-referentiality and/or familiarity with previous installments limit themselves to niche audiences.

Yeah, it is true. The technical achievements should still be promoted though, and let's not forget there is also an actual game in the package. (Besides, the stealth-action genre has probably one of the best types of gameplay).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Gears of War 2 is not on the list. WTH!!! Face palm IGN Au.
Gears of War 2 is the best game of the year by a long, long way.

IGN Au = IGN Austria?
IGN which is run by Americans is the only IGN that matters.

Cause the whole world should be influenced by america right?