By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Uh Oh- Wii Music Sales Tidbit

damkira said:

Probably because of the holidays and there are just so few games that have come out recently for Wii owners... and everybody already has Wii Fit, Mario Kart, SMG and Zelda.

Have you tried Wii Music? My membership in the WMDs requires me to point out that the game is, in fact, a total blast with incredible depth, and that if you give it an honest shot it'll probably hook you.

End spiel.

Around the Network

"I am in disbelief right now"

God get over yourself, this is so fake, you probably just smiled and walked on by. Wii music outsold LBP, Fable 2 and Animal Crossing last week, or did you not check the numbers?

seece said:

God get over yourself, this is so fake, you probably just smiled and walked on by. Wii music outsold LBP, Fable 2 and Animal Crossing last week, or did you not check the numbers?

go hump your 360 and lighten up. I am very shocked because last week when I made my rounds it was everwhere, and now it can still be found, but it is MUCH more scarce.

Btw- still piles of 360s at everystore I go to... Even sears has them... now that is sad.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
seece said:

go hump your 360 and lighten up. I am very shocked because last week when I made my rounds it was everwhere, and now it can still be found, but it is MUCH more scarce.

Btw- still piles of 360s at everystore I go to... Even sears has them... now that is sad.

Not really, your town must be very different to the rest in America judging by the sales numbers :)

Don't try and fake your surprise, Wii music got a bump last week and with the amount of wiis being sold you would have to be stupid to think it wouldn't get more demand.

That is pretty strange, you can still buy Wii Music around here.

Around the Network

Yeah I have seen quite a few commercials for it. They have a lot of ad space on Nickelodeon.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Thechalkblock said:
That is pretty strange, you can still buy Wii Music around here.

I am sure you can around here too. Walmart Still has stock i am sure. But still I was shocked to find it sold out at even a few stores.

Seece, I NEVER expected WiiMusic to be sold out at more than 1 store in my town. Occasionly maybe, you know random buying could deplenish it. But what I was suprised to find more than 1 sold out store. Also wiimusic was called by many to be the flop of the season... It is definitly not looking that way. I think it can manage 2 mil by 2009.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

What happens to VG Chartz sales if 500k Wii Music's get returned on December 27th? I am not commenting on the game, just that a lot of Wii Music haters might get it for the holidays.......

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I think a sale is a sale. If it's returned I imagine it still counts as a sale.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

radioioRobert said:
What happens to VG Chartz sales if 500k Wii Music's get returned on December 27th? I am not commenting on the game, just that a lot of Wii Music haters might get it for the holidays.......

That would be really weird if 500,000 PS3 owners got Wii Music as a gift

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.