By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Uh Oh- Wii Music Sales Tidbit

right now any game with the word " wii" in it should sell alot. However, compared to other wii like games, its a huge let down.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Wii Music is getting a heavy push. I even saw a commercial touting a website for it: Wiimusic.comm

As for the Toys R Us displays -- they are all similar to that with Wii getting lots of room and PS3 almost none. That's why I have so much of a problem with NPD numbers. They don't get TRU or WM data and if they are using an old model, they very well could be under tracking a lot of Wii stuff.

Personally, my Wii Music will get opened on Christmas.

Mike from Morgantown

One Wii game per week, that's all I ask!

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

FishyJoe said:
Best Buy seems to be advertising this game a lot.

I've seen their commerical for it, but it isn't very good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The one with the lady explaining its greatness? Yeah, that one isn't as good as the other one I posted on the other page. Good thing we don't play it as much as the other one.

outlawauron said:
FishyJoe said:

I saw the commercial too.  It's God-Awful.

But that won't matter. 

It does remind me of the god-awful MK Wii commericals though.  People so tried to pass them off as gold, but they sucked.  I mean the game would sell anyway, but the commercials were awful.  Like these ones.  The game is going to sell busters, but the commercials will help little to none given how much they suck.

Around the Network

well unlike alot of people i dont support the whole doom and gloom theory for wii music but i do think it will sell less than wii fit but still be succesful.

with that being said i think the commercials are really helping the game.

this is one of the coolest comercials for a game i have seen in a long time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlN6h2rqsg

hello how are you.

psrock said:
right now any game with the word " wii" in it should sell alot. However, compared to other wii like games, its a huge let down.

No.

DMeisterJ said:
outlawauron said:
FishyJoe said:

But that won't matter. 

It does remind me of the god-awful MK Wii commericals though.  People so tried to pass them off as gold, but they sucked.  I mean the game would sell anyway, but the commercials were awful.  Like these ones.  The game is going to sell busters, but the commercials will help little to none given how much they suck.

You are a 20 YO male. You are precisely who theses ads are NOT targeting. If you liked them it would mean they were probably missing their intended target. That target is mostly everyone BUT males 13-30, with a special empasis on the 5-12 YO, females over a longer range, parents and grandparents.

I don't know if anyone remembers the Tonette, but that and the drumpad were what we had in elementary school for music. Kinds sucked.

Given the choice above, which one do you think a 6 YO would pick?
Notice, I didn't say, better to learn music with, I just said which would a kid paick?

Grampy said:
DMeisterJ said:
outlawauron said:
FishyJoe said:

But that won't matter. 

You are a 20 YO male. You are precisely who theses ads are NOT targeting. If you liked them it would mean they were probably missing their intended target. That target is mostly everyone BUT males 13-30, with a special empasis on the 5-12 YO, females over a longer range, parents and grandparents.

I don't know if anyone remembers the Tonette, but that and the drumpad were what we had in elementary school for music. Kinds sucked.

Given the choice above, which one do you think a 6 YO would pick?
Notice, I didn't say, better to learn music with, I just said which would a kid paick?

Well, I thought the "Wii would like to play" ads were brilliant. So, it's not like the target has changed in the commericals.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Probably because of the holidays and there are just so few games that have come out recently for Wii owners... and everybody already has Wii Fit, Mario Kart, SMG and Zelda.