By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Star Ocean 4 or White Knight Chronicles?

Star Ocean of cause!!
WKC likely just over hyped

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Look at the last SO for PS2. The game sells more in NA then Japan. If we ignore Europe for a moment (no sales data for previous SO games), these are my estimated SO4 sales:

Japan: 280K

NA: 680K

Total: 960K

White Knight Chronicles is a new IP. I think it will sell more than SO in Japan, but less in NA.

Japan: 450K

NA: 450K

Total: 900K

The two games should sell about even in Europe. So I predict SO4 to outsell WKC by about 60K.

While past sales of SO are nice look at user base at that time.

And also consider that 2 most recent jRPGs from SE on x360 were failures so this certainly damaged a bit sales potential of SO4.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
tombi123 said:
Look at the last SO for PS2. The game sells more in NA then Japan. If we ignore Europe for a moment (no sales data for previous SO games), these are my estimated SO4 sales:

Japan: 280K

NA: 680K

Total: 960K

White Knight Chronicles is a new IP. I think it will sell more than SO in Japan, but less in NA.

Japan: 450K

NA: 450K

Total: 900K

The two games should sell about even in Europe. So I predict SO4 to outsell WKC by about 60K.

While past sales of SO are nice look at user base at that time.

And also consider that 2 most recent jRPGs from SE on x360 were failures so this certainly damaged a bit sales potential of SO4.

IU and TLR weren't very hyped and got relatively poor reviews.  Star Ocean The Last Hope is getting a decent amount of hype for a JRPG not called Final Fantasy and if the previews are of any indication, the reviews will also turn out to be very good.

I think SO4 will probably edge ahead of WKC.

When it comes down to it don't we want both of the games to do as well as possile, as it would mean the dev's will continue to make the games we love and not disappear into the ether like a lot of other companies have done previously!

Around the Network

White Knight cronicles sales = Last Remnat

I doubt that slimebeast but we will have to wait and see!

You have to remember that the PS3 audience has been starved of JRPG's so i think this one should spark a lot of interest due to this fact alone, and it is also looking very good

Slimebeast said:

Last Remnant is a SJRPG so according to conventional wisdom in these forums it should only sell peanuts.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Slimebeast said:

Last Remnant is a SJRPG so according to conventional wisdom in these forums it should only sell peanuts.

Whats the S stand for? Strategic? If so, is that like Kingdom under fire (I hope not)?

Slimebeast said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Slimebeast said:

Whats the S stand for? Strategic? If so, is that like Kingdom under fire (I hope not)?

S stands for Strategy indeed, and it means it's like Disgaea or Valkyrie Profile in the sense than there's a lot more than just leveling up and picking combat actions for each character. KuF is a specific japanese genre, basically Dynasty Warrior clones.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).