By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is it manly in here, or is it my game collection? (360 GET)

All right. After years of having left my 360 in Louisiana with my little brother, me and my girlfriend finally bought a 360 for us to have together. I grabbed a new Tales of Vesperia and a used Gears of War to go with it. Thanks to a special promotion at Gamestop, we got Gears of War 2 for free. Lucky day!

So yes, my collection is much manlier now. It will only get even moreso as time goes on, I suppose.

Man, the ability to buy Xbox originals sure is cool. I should pull down Halo at some point. Haven't played it in years. Any word on when Halo 2 might be going up? That would be the bee's knees.

Our gamertag is GZOTP (don't ask), for anyone who wants to add us as friends.

And yes if you see it the avatar is of her. Doesn't look quite as much like her as her Mii does but it's still pretty neat.

Around the Network

You got Tales of vesperia? Excellent choice, you won't regret it for a second. Go buy Fable II as well, amazing RPG.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
You got Tales of vesperia? Excellent choice, you won't regret it for a second. Go buy Fable II as well, amazing RPG.

Yeah right now I'm basically out of money, and I'll want to grab Fallout waaaaaaaaay before Fable. I will be getting it eventually, though!

I got Tales for the girlfriend, not going to lie. She's the on who got me to play Tales of Symphonia and it's a game we can play on co-op, which is always a plus.

We watched the boot-up intro. This.... this game seems pretty silly and anime-y.

Khuutra said:
Shadowblind said:

I got Tales for the girlfriend, not going to lie. She's the on who got me to play Tales of Symphonia and it's a game we can play on co-op, which is always a plus.

We watched the boot-up intro. This.... this game seems pretty silly and anime-y.

Yeeaaahhh....not so much silly. Anime-y, what did you expect? I'm gonna guess here you don't like JRPGs. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Khuutra said:
Shadowblind said:

Yeeaaahhh....not so much silly. Anime-y, what did you expect? I'm gonna guess here you don't like JRPGs. 

Man it had a blue dog smoking a pipe while standing on a cliff next to some swordsman, looking out contemplatively over the land

That is pretty silly

And look at my collection, I play quite a lot of JRPGs

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Shadowblind said:
Khuutra said:
Shadowblind said:

Man it had a blue dog smoking a pipe while standing on a cliff next to some swordsman, looking out contemplatively over the land

That is pretty silly

And look at my collection, I play quite a lot of JRPGs

Thats the intro. Japanese intros make everything looks silly. As for the game, there really isn't much silly about the characters, although admittedly they can be stupid at times. The best part is that you'll find the main character almost never irritates you.(You'll see as you play through it)

If you are a fan of JRPGs in any form you'll like ToV. 

Soriku said:
Tales <3 Your GF has good taste lol.

Man I didn't know you owned a 360

How am I so behind the times

Khuutra said:
Soriku said:
Tales <3 Your GF has good taste lol.

Man I didn't know you owned a 360

How am I so behind the times

He just loves the Tales series in general...

I assume you played Tales of Vesperia at a friend's house

Do not correct me on this

Anyone have recommendations for 360 games I can get on the cheap? Truth be told I'm looking at grabbing Too Human. I didn't follow that game for 10 of its 13-year development just to let it fade away without me playing it.

Dead Rising and Blue Dragon are each $20 new, Mass Effect and BioShock are each $30 new.

Eternal Sonata is under $16 new at Amazon.com right now. Can't beat that deal!