By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 4 potential GOTY, and now BEST PS2 GAME??

Sony really should fund Atlus to make Persona 5 on the PS3. Series does not sell great but still good enough to warrant a HD release.

Around the Network

Sony should buy atlus..

mM
konnichiwa said:
Christhor said:
konnichiwa said:
Dude why nobody listen to me. I told you it will be the GOTY! Sadly the gamer community doesn't give a crap anymore and prefer to play mediocre JRPG's tsss.

It's pretty hard to give a crap if they don't freaking release it where I live.

Who are you?  Anyway it will be released in Europe in 09. Anyway I was talking about all those so called JPRG fans who are wasting whole day their time with calling reviewers biased because they don't they give JRPG's high scores like they wished well here is one and it will be released tomorow in the USA. Will they get it no they won't X_X.  they prefer to spend more time with calling the reviewers biased ugh those annoying stuborn wannabe JRPG fans.

It is? Well sorry then. I've been told before that it won't get released in europe... :\

Christhor said:
konnichiwa said:
Christhor said:
konnichiwa said:
Dude why nobody listen to me. I told you it will be the GOTY! Sadly the gamer community doesn't give a crap anymore and prefer to play mediocre JRPG's tsss.

It's pretty hard to give a crap if they don't freaking release it where I live.

Who are you?  Anyway it will be released in Europe in 09. Anyway I was talking about all those so called JPRG fans who are wasting whole day their time with calling reviewers biased because they don't they give JRPG's high scores like they wished well here is one and it will be released tomorow in the USA. Will they get it no they won't X_X.  they prefer to spend more time with calling the reviewers biased ugh those annoying stuborn wannabe JRPG fans.

It is? Well sorry then. I've been told before that it won't get released in europe... :

Hehe don't need to apoligize, anyway Square Enix is the publisher of the game in Europe.

Woow before this which was the highest rate ps2 game on metacritic?

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Woow before this which was the highest rate ps2 game on metacritic?

1 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 97
2 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 97
3 Grand Theft Auto III 97
4 Resident Evil 4 96
5 Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 96
6 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 95
7 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 95
8 Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec 95
9 Madden NFL 2003 95
10 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 94

yay for Atlus :)

konnichiwa said:
@ Leo-J It will not be the best PS2 game the game will get a lot of 8.5-9 scores from others. Persona 4 is not really easy for newcomers in the genre + it has not FF grahics.

Except the fact that a lot of the reviewers have played and reviewed JRPGs for years and they know that graphics, while important to an extent, aren't the first priority in games, especially RPGs where they are arguably the least important aspect.

The reason why Persona 3 and 4 gets higher review scores than most non FF JRPGs is because a lot of the JRPGs released these days are rip offs of other JRPGs which makes them feel uninspired. Also, I think mainstream gamer tastes are taken into account with review scores hence why you see more 90+% shooters and WRPGs than 90%+ JRPGs.

I have difficulty believing it's the "best PS2 game".

The PS2 had Shadow of the Colossus.

leo-j said:
Sony should buy atlus..

Atlus has already been bought.