By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: We have 5 RPGs in development

Sorry for bursting the bubble people. I just didn't want another TGS...

Around the Network

The problem is that Sony have not made an RPG for a while, and have relied on 3rd parties, hopefully they will sort that out for the future

dark cloud anyone

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

indodude said:
Rei said:

Probably Sony finally realized that Japan and Europe are the only regions where they still can beat MS and that they should start developing games for these markets.

Would be cool. However, I am not setting my hopes up untill the actual announcements, I already heard about "12 games for TGS" and end up being dissapointed with the show. So, this time, no official announcements = no me being excited.

I think Sony already won in Japan because of it's brand name.

Being Japan's 2nd place by a 1.73 gap is not enough, there are a lot of DSPSPWii (Especially DS) owners who still haven't choose between the 2 HD consoles, and Sony has to ensure those users to get more great J-Projects and not let that MS takes the exclusivity and send them to die (like Tales of Vesperia)...

The Anarchyz said:
indodude said:
Rei said:

Probably Sony finally realized that Japan and Europe are the only regions where they still can beat MS and that they should start developing games for these markets.

Would be cool. However, I am not setting my hopes up untill the actual announcements, I already heard about "12 games for TGS" and end up being dissapointed with the show. So, this time, no official announcements = no me being excited.

I think Sony already won in Japan because of it's brand name.

Being Japan's 2nd place by a 1.73 gap is not enough, there are a lot of DSPSPWii (Especially DS) owners who still haven't choose between the 2 HD consoles, and Sony has to ensure those users to get more great J-Projects and not let that MS takes the exclusivity and send them to die (like Tales of Vesperia)...

Espiecally when people are more then willing to make Wii/PSP multiplatform projects.

Around the Network

One of them is Dark Cloud 3, one is a new Wild Arms and one is Legend of the Dragoon 2, not sure about the other 2. If you go to the most recent page on that site, he has a podcast interview with Gamesblow, a well-known insider who works for Sony. There's some very interesting info in there.

Christhor said:
Sorry for bursting the bubble people. I just didn't want another TGS...

Don't worry, as said, it was too good to be true Though Yoshida says they work with 3rd party developers and one of the first things that comes to my mind is indeed a Dark Cloud / Dark Chronicle. Dark Cloud is a Sony franchise so... who knows.

If guys like Yoshida would name up what they're working on instead of making their gamers happy with a dead bug. Or just shut up and officially announce the games instead of let us speculate, it wouldn't be a dissapointment when things turn out to be right the opposite from what we expected.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Zuhyc said:
konnichiwa said:
Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:
That is a lot! Please let one be a SMT game!!

From Sony?

Still I want to know what the heck happened to that... and SRW PS3.

Can't tell,  Digital devil saga had an S-force logo when you booted the game up and the S standed for Sony.  It is probably a co-project between Sony and Atlus, strange I can't find something on the internet about it.

It's some sound technology by Sony that 3rd parties can use. FF XII used it as well.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press_Archive/200103/01-015E/

BTW, Demons's Souls is the second one, some SCEJ employees are working on that game.

Ah thx =p.  That is very interesting.

Ok....WKC.....TEAM ICO....Demon Soul....

Thats 3. Maybe Yakuza 3. Soooo....

PLEASEEEEEE Let the last one be a new Tales game! Seriously, I will provide the marketing myself if they do make it!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

And for anyone who doubts the credibility of this site, they should go back a few pages and see that they revealed details about Uncharted 2 all the way back in October. They said it would be announced by a major publication in December and they were 100% spot-on.