By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: We have 5 RPGs in development

darthdevidem01 said:
This is very good news....

1 is WKC.....4 remaining

what could they be....

I don't think that WKC is part of that 5. He did say inside Sony. Hopefully a Legend of Dragoon 2?? That would be awesome, although I'm not holding my breath.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
That is a lot! Please let one be a SMT game!!

From Sony?

Still I want to know what the heck happened to that... and SRW PS3.

I think Dark Cloud 3 is one of them - it is rumored to be in the works so it is likely.

My friend said he loved that series and would buy a PS3 if ever Dark Cloud 3 came out lol

hmm....inside SONY

who knows then

what PS2 1st Party JRPGs did they make?

he also sed they are working with 3rd parties.

well one is Level 5 for WKC....maybe Atlus for a SMT game.....Persona 5 on PS3?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Probably Sony finally realized that Japan and Europe are the only regions where they still can beat MS and that they should start developing games for these markets.

Would be cool. However, I am not setting my hopes up untill the actual announcements, I already heard about "12 games for TGS" and end up being dissapointed with the show. So, this time, no official announcements = no me being excited.

Around the Network

Does anyone think FF13 and versus 13 could be two? Since they're both exclusive in Japan...

I hope not though

darthdevidem01 said:
hmm....inside SONY

who knows then

what PS2 1st Party JRPGs did they make?

he also sed they are working with 3rd parties.

well one is Level 5 for WKC....maybe Atlus for a SMT game.....Persona 5 on PS3?

Maybe we'll get a new "Arc the Lad".

Persona 5... is very unlikely.

I mean there was a SMT game listed for the PS3... and there have been 2 persona games since the last main SMT.

Besides it seems of the 5... they're all first party.  Not how he says there are five... and then states they're also working with 3rd party sources.  (Of course note not every game developed gets released...)

Seems that would exclude WKC.

Though i wonder if "cater to the fanbase" means RPGs... or stuff with RPG things in them "Like infamous."

Rei said:

Probably Sony finally realized that Japan and Europe are the only regions where they still can beat MS and that they should start developing games for these markets.

Would be cool. However, I am not setting my hopes up untill the actual announcements, I already heard about "12 games for TGS" and end up being dissapointed with the show. So, this time, no official announcements = no me being excited.

I think Sony already won in Japan because of it's brand name.

indodude said:
Rei said:

I think Sony already won in Japan because of it's brand name.

Yeppers, FFXIII, Versus, WKC all exclusive to PS3 in Japan sure wont dent PS3 sales as well.

darthdevidem01: Atlus is working on a multiplat project, probably the next SMT.

Personally, I've been waiting for a new (good) Arc The Lad game since I finished Twilight of the Spirits.