By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do stupid people compare Xbox360/PS3 to the inferior wii?

I'm so tired of some people comparing Xbox360/PS3 to the Wii, Everytime someone shows a good looking wii game, some douche has to come and say, "Ohhh, PS3/Xbox pwns those graphics" Seriously Who the hell cares?

We all know the wii is not as powerful as the HD consoles, It's a diffrent kind of system it's meant for fun and new ways of play. I always think Whats the whole point of rushing graphics to look more realistic? (not saying it's a bad thing) Just saying what's the whole rush? Ohh, yeah some day games will look like in real life, Then what? What could look better than real life? Eventually graphics will get there, I think.

I'm happy the wii din't take a major leap in graphics, Just enjoy the games we get now. Someday things will be so advanced, You'll miss the days games looked like they do now. Bealive me as an old gamer i miss the old NES, SNES type of graphics :)

I know, this sounds like a rant i should probably blog it, ect.. blah blah, But i'm too lazy atm.

So what do you people think? Am i right or wrong. Bash me, criticize me, Call  me a Nintendo fanboy i don't care.

Around the Network

You've got a point, it is rather dumb for reviews especially to bring up the graphics as the hardware in the Wii can not do what the 360 is capable of doing though, sometimes they are correct that Wii is much more capable then the Xbox and we've had very few games look better then high end Xbox games.

Where the debate gets interesting is where people compare graphics to 360/PS3 for Wii games but not PS3 and 360 game to Wii gameplay when you have superior controls to FPS games such as Call of Duty. It's simply bias.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Rol said it all.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

mostly people campare Wii graphics to the PS2. Sometimes N64 too.

One the wii stops selling. Nintendo is gonna tell everyone a weird button combo to put into their wii on the menu screen. Doing so will cause the wii to evolve into a powerhouse HD console. Call me crazy if you will! But such is the mighty power of Nintendo!

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

The whole rush is because I want to play in Avalon before I die....

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Well the reverse of that question can also be said " Why do stupid people compare the inferior Wii to the XBOX360/PS3."

novasonic said:
One the wii stops selling. Nintendo is gonna tell everyone a weird button combo to put into their wii on the menu screen. Doing so will cause the wii to evolve into a powerhouse HD console. Call me crazy if you will! But such is the mighty power of Nintendo!

Now see what you do is (with Wii remote in hand and on the Wii menu) 3 backflips, 2 paces doing a handstand, 5 push-ups, 8 one handed pull ups, and sprint a 100 yard dash and your Wii will morph into the Wii 2 like mine did!

There's a reason Nintendo created Wii Fit, there's no way to get fit enough to do those actions without it!  Wii Fit is the key!!!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@million: because stupid people are stupid. Now if someone not stupid would compare them, I guess they would have reason to do so.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
mostly people campare Wii graphics to the PS2. Sometimes N64 too.

and those people are mostly dumbasses