By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official over the top John Lucas style console/game sales prediction thread

Well I felt like the site is missing a bit of its fun and cheer that we had earlier this year and late last year, we had many posters such as John Lucas and Crazzyman that would give us over the top predictions for game and console sales, though this thread is more in honor and spirit of John Lucas as his threads were very thought out and had much logic behind the predictions the only thing that held his predictions back was Nintendo themselves but his 2007 sales (low end) prediction came true.

So to honor good ol' JL and to brighten everyone's mood, post your optimistic, crazy, over the top, insane sales predictions here, put some thought into it, remember JL would never post a prediction without good logic behind it ^_^

Remember it's all in good fun, debate is welcome but not debate to bring down spirits!

My crazy over the top prediction!

Wii to sell over 37 million consoles next year bringing them to a total of 70+ worldwide tracking well ahead of PS2 and on the heels of it's handheld counterpart! Nintendo has upped their supply and at the rate it's going and then the Wii to be released in more countries it could increase again before the end of 2009!

Game wise expect Wii Fit to be the top selling game for 3 years running, with so many new Wii customers and fitness never going out of style this game could stay out of stock for a good long time!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

JL just sent me a Wii Speak message about his end-2008 prediction

@TWRoO
Do tell! Tell him to get his butt on the forums and give us his prediction! :D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

He said something along the lines of "I still believe in 60 million Wiis by the end of 2008"
Although it was hard to tell if he said 50m or 60m... his voice is really deep. The "still believe" makes it more likely to be 60m though.

RolStoppable said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

My crazy over the top prediction!

Wii to sell over 37 million consoles next year bringing them to a total of 70+ worldwide tracking well ahead of PS2 and on the heels of it's handheld counterpart! Nintendo has upped their supply and at the rate it's going and then the Wii to be released in more countries it could increase again before the end of 2009!

Game wise expect Wii Fit to be the top selling game for 3 years running, with so many new Wii customers and fitness never going out of style this game could stay out of stock for a good long time!

It's a given that the Wii passes 70m next year. Check your maths, you are implying that the Wii passes 80m next year.

My over the top prediction is still the same: The Wii will at least triple the combined sales of the 360 and PS3 once all systems have stopped selling. So that's at least 75 % of all consoles sold.

The reasoning is a snowball effect in third party support and an incredible long lifespan (longer than the PS2's) due to the Wii being a console that changed the industry (like the NES).

Hey I'm new at this I was giving myself some slack just like JL with his low end predictions!

@TWRoO

That's great ^_^ and yeah Wii Speak is bad for guys like me and JL with deep voices. 

Here's to JL's prediction coming true!

Around the Network

I predict squlliam and Leo-j will both buy a Wii!

*gasp*

scottie said:
I predict squlliam and Leo-j will both buy a Wii!

*gasp*

YAY We have our first prediction come true! (well half true!)

Squilliam has a Wii, he's just too much of a casual to play it :(

Doesnt J-Lo already have one?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Doesnt J-Lo already have one?

No actually that turned out to be false and looked something like this.

*note* 2 months ago is now more like 12 months ago now.

Ahh thats a great comic!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself