By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Walmart to offer tens of thousands of Wiis on Monday

Still in stock... I wonder how many they had.... scary thought.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

They're out of stock now! It's still on the home page though.

wow. just wow. I wonder how many they had? 20K?

selling like hot-cakes, but back to Mike_Intel's point - when will sales translate to more decent software? The PS2 was not in this situation after 2+ years...

If you filter the wii top 50 s/w there's a lot of crap in there.

EssosDeeos said:
selling like hot-cakes, but back to Mike_Intel's point - when will sales translate to more decent software? The PS2 was not in this situation after 2+ years...

If you look at Wii S/W top 50 lifetime totals, I really only see 4-5 completely crappy games. The rest offer good gameplay and unique experiences.

There may not be a lot of shooters, or games people call AAAAAAAA!!11one!1 but almost all of them are good and quite enjoyable.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

^ seriously?? There's not much unique about party games. Shouldn't necessarily look at lifetime figures but rather the current state of play. There's some serious rubbish around at the moment. Point is, as much as I like brawl, there should be something else by now that I should play instead

EssosDeeos said:

I actually remember the PS2 being weak on SW for its first 2 years. I would say the Wii has more killer aps at this point in its life.

It was not until the GTA3 that the PS2 started owning all. It was good before that but it was living off just a few good games.

Example it took the PS2 like a year before it had a million seller in Japan... Onimusha... And that was back when the market was a heck of a lot better.

EssosDeeos said:
^ seriously?? There's not much unique about party games. Shouldn't necessarily look at lifetime figures but rather the current state of play. There's some serious rubbish around at the moment. Point is, as much as I like brawl, there should be something else by now that I should play instead

True, lifetime shouldn't be the only thing you look at, but it does show what has sold well to the userbase. Anyways, I see patformers, music/rhythm, sports games (multiple types), light gun shooters, adventure games, horror, party, racers, fighters. So basically a little bit of everything, and a lot of them are social games which is good (IMO).

And looking at your game collection (which I assume is incomplete) you are missing out on a lot of great Wii games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Is it me or is "tens of thousands" not really that bigger number when we're talking about Walmart.

Yes killer apps - you get MKWii, Wii Sports and Wiifit but they are old. My concern is for the future - I see great h/w sales this Xmas but a diminishing attach rate and an increase in shovelware - have you looked at the wii release list for this season, tell me what's a killer app and not crap?