By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People label "casual" for almost any wii release?

soulsamurai said:

^^.........o.o you're telling me a game, is hardcore because a 9 year old with zero interests in games is playing one. Next im going to hear wii play is a hardcore games because my 76 year old grandma which has zero interest in games is playing it.

1. 2. 3: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dude it was amazing. The poster above trully threw out the most non-logic post evah!

Around the Network

So, a game is "casual" or "hardcore" by the way some people play them? That makes so much sense...NOT.

One_touch_KO said:
soulsamurai said:

^^.........o.o you're telling me a game, is hardcore because a 9 year old with zero interests in games is playing one. Next im going to hear wii play is a hardcore games because my 76 year old grandma which has zero interest in games is playing it.

1. 2. 3: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dude it was amazing. The poster above trully threw out the most non-logic post evah!

.......?  You have got to be kidding me. It's a reply to Saum the poster before. If you saw that and you just actually beleive that wii play is a hardcore game......then you just made fool out of yourself.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:
One_touch_KO said:
soulsamurai said:

.......? You have got to be kidding me. It's a reply to Saum the poster before. If you saw that and you just actually beleive that wii play is a hardcore game......then you just made fool out of yourself.

I understood it is for saum. That's why I loled. Today I'll put my 4 year old neighbor playing Crysis, take a pic and call it a game for casuals and kids xD

Rhonin the wizard said:

So, a game is "casual" or "hardcore" by the way some people play them? That makes so much sense...NOT.

No a game is "casual" or "hardcore" by the way the game itself is played not how it is played. If you can pick it up and go to town, then that's casual.

Im stealing this definition from shmupgurus

"My definition of hardcore is someone that plays hard and unusual games. So by that logic, if anyone can ''pick up and play'' this game, it's starting to be casual because EVERYBODY knows about it and plays it!"

Around the Network

A hardcore gamer plays games with most of their free time (and even their non-free time). A casual gamer hardly plays games, plays very easy games.

Hardcore games are in general games that appeal to hardcore gamers. That is harder games, games that take more effort, spanning any genre.

Casual games are in general games that appeal to casual gamers. Easier games, games that you can pick up and play, spanning any genre.

People shouldn't mistake hardcore games with hardcore gamers. Sometimes hardcore gamers play casual games and sometimes casual gamers play hardcore games.

Animal Crossing is probably a casual game. Though obviously another one of those new generation games. Theres nothing inherently wrong with casual games, they just tend not to appeal to hardcore gamers. I for instance don't find any of the qualities I like in games in Animal Crossing.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

One_touch_KO said:
soulsamurai said:
One_touch_KO said:
soulsamurai said:

.......? You have got to be kidding me. It's a reply to Saum the poster before. If you saw that and you just actually beleive that wii play is a hardcore game......then you just made fool out of yourself.

I understood it is for saum. That's why I loled. Today I'll put my 4 year old neighbor playing Crysis, take a pic and call it a game for casuals and kids xD

Now does the 4 year old game often? Or is he just doing crap at the game.

There is a difference. Between a gamer, and a non-gamer. I started gaming when i was around 4 and boy did i play a mean mario kart on snes back in the day.

there's no such thing as hardcore and casual games those terms were made up by immature ps360 fanboys and nolifers who can't jerk off if they won't see gore/sex scens in "OMG HD REALISTIC BROWN AND GREEN GRAFIX".

dharh said:

A hardcore gamer plays games with most of their free time (and even their non-free time). A casual gamer hardly plays games, plays very easy games.

Hardcore games are in general games that appeal to hardcore gamers. That is harder games, games that take more effort, spanning any genre.

Casual games are in general games that appeal to casual gamers. Easier games, games that you can pick up and play, spanning any genre.

People shouldn't mistake hardcore games with hardcore gamers. Sometimes hardcore gamers play casual games and sometimes casual gamers play hardcore games.

Animal Crossing is probably a casual game. Though obviously another one of those new generation games. Theres nothing inherently wrong with casual games, they just tend not to appeal to hardcore gamers. I for instance don't find any of the qualities I like in games in Animal Crossing.

this is what i'am getting at!

Also people shouldn't mistake 'core' games with hardcore. Nintendo core games like mario kart/mario platform games, metroid, etc can be either hardcore or casual (most of the time mario games are casual and metroid games are at least in between hardcore games and casual).

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.