By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii in Japan - Down 577,000 Units For The Year Compared to 2007?

I'm not searching for an excuse (I'm not a wii fan ^^) but even the all mighty wii cannot sell without third party support. Wait for MH3 release week and you'll see that it can sell a lot of hardware!

Around the Network
woopah said:
people on N4G are using this to show that the 'fad is over' and that everyone has realised how bad the wii is. yet aparnetly it shows that the PS3 is a lot better. this annoys me

but it is true, people in japan dont buy more games for the wii. look at all the bombs this year, they are waiting for ps3 or even 360 games. even 360 games dont bomb very bad.

support is not going to get better for the wii because all devs see that good games bomb.

Tremble said:
I'm not searching for an excuse (I'm not a wii fan ^^) but even the all mighty wii cannot sell without third party support. Wait for MH3 release week and you'll see that it can sell a lot of hardware!

??

wii has already a lot of third party support but ALL bombed there is no point in making more games even square makes games for 360 because they know its better.

mh3 will sell good of course but wii still sells hardware. anyways it dont need 3 party games and 3 party developres will not put their games in the wii because they dont sell

Tremble said:
Well, to be honest, the wii really has a lack of software (plz people don't talk about wiimakes). I think they're waiting a little more to pick a new console and choose between a ps3 or a wii.

This.

Gorgory said:
Tremble said:

??

wii has already a lot of third party support but ALL bombed there is no point in making more games even square makes games for 360 because they know its better.

mh3 will sell good of course but wii still sells hardware. anyways it dont need 3 party games and 3 party developres will not put their games in the wii because they dont sell

wii didnt get any big 3rd party game this year, when wii gets big games and it bombs then talk, almost forgot, biggest selling square enix game on consoles is on wii

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

cougarman: tenchu 4, rune factory, harvest moon, sky crawlers, naruto 3, no more heros, we love golf, resident evil 0, 428, baseball spirits, house of the dead, soul eater, nights, sengoku musou, sengoku basara 2, super monky ball, sonic and secret ring, zak and wiki, naruto 2, g1 jockey, SD gundam, trauma center, soul calibur legends, dewis adventure, opoona, baroque, FIFA, metal slug, elebits, red steel all were bombs. if isnt proof then what is¿????

@ cougarman )

you wanted to say "on current gen home consoles" right? for right now your statement is totally false

Lafiel said:

@ cougarman )

you wanted to say "on current gen home consoles" right? for right now your statement is totally false

yeah i mean current gen since this thread is mostly talking about current gen consoles

Gorgory said:
cougarman: tenchu 4, rune factory, harvest moon, sky crawlers, naruto 3, no more heros, we love golf, resident evil 0, 428, baseball spirits, house of the dead, soul eater, nights, sengoku musou, sengoku basara 2, super monky ball, sonic and secret ring, zak and wiki, naruto 2, g1 jockey, SD gundam, trauma center, soul calibur legends, dewis adventure, opoona, baroque, FIFA, metal slug, elebits, red steel all were bombs. if isnt proof then what is¿????

except for naruto, almost all those other games are not really popular fanchises in Japan, just look at your list of games, most of those games are niche or western type games like red steel and elebits, and some are remakes or ports, the only shame is zack and wiki and no more heroes, both those games should've sold better in japan, but they sold very well in Europe and USA.

rolstoppable: wii have only 6 100k seller this year and will not have more. ps3 have 13!!! and will have more with gundam musou 2.look at the difernce in userbase 3:1 for the wii.

even 360 have 3 third party 100k seller this year and wii outsale 9:1 360 in userbase!!