By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Days of Just Assuming that the Wii Version is Inferior are OVER!

Grampy said:
theprof00 said:
This was a complete waste of time.

You listed 5 reviewers. Then, you don't even explain what the hell those numbers mean, and follow up by comparing 5 games. One being GH:wii, which I'm not even sure I understand how the versions are different except for the score.

Sorry to waste your valuble time. I thought it was clear that the scores were all from metacritic which rationalizes all scores to a 100 point scale. If that was in any way unclear, I apologize.

I can't really apologize for the title. I can not figure any possible way for it to be misunderstood.

I second this, really if you read the title, the OP, and understand english you should understand what this thread is about.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

anyone saying Shaun White (Wii) is a bad game has clearly not played it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It's okay to pick a Wii multiplatform over PS3/360 if you have a SDTV.

bbsin said:

It's OK even if you don't and you really like motion control and really hate and despise analog game pads. And believe me, I've had a lot of years to build up that hate.

Secondly, I have a very nice large plasma HD TV. I also have an excellent Sony AV receivor. I put everything through the receivor and out over the HDMI. It does such a nice job upsampling the Wii and eliminating any jaggies that most of my visitor's don't even notice the difference. I do, because I'm an imaging professional, but I don't mind the difference.

If I did, I would still play on my PC (which also has HDMI out) as I did for the for the last decade or so. So HD is neither new or that damn big a deal to me. Not nearly enough to put up with those frigging controllers.

Grampy said:
bbsin said:

It's OK even if you don't and you really like motion control and really hate and despise analog game pads. And believe me, I've had a lot of years to build up that hate.

Secondly, I have a very nice large plasma HD TV. I also have an excellent Sony AV receivor. I put everything through the receivor and out over the HDMI. It does such a nice job upsampling the Wii and eliminating any jaggies that most of my visitor's don't even notice the difference. I do, because I'm an imaging professional, but I don't mind the difference.

If I did, I would still play on my PC (which also has HDMI out) as I did for the for the last decade or so. So HD is neither new or that damn big a deal to me. Not nearly enough to put up with those frigging controllers.

Same for me.  I am not getting Call of Duty World at War on Wii because I hear they gimped it and don't want to support gimped games as it encourages 3rd parties to continue doing the same.  But at the same time I simply can't get it on 360 because after playing RE4 and MP3 aiming and shooting with a control pad seems kind of retarded to me.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
Grampy said:
bbsin said:

Same for me.  I am not getting Call of Duty World at War on Wii because I hear they gimped it and don't want to support gimped games as it encourages 3rd parties to continue doing the same.  But at the same time I simply can't get it on 360 because after playing RE4 and MP3 aiming and shooting with a control pad seems kind of retarded to me.

I wish people would make up their own minds, and not follow what a herd of HD fanboys are telling you. The game is still worth the play even though multiplayer has been gimped. Sure there is less online players but did it ever occur to you why? Maybe it had something to do with trying to maintain the visual quality of what is capable on the Wii. If you wnated 16 players on wii it would of required them to cut the gfx in multiplayer. 8 players is plenty of people to have fun with anyway.

@Grampy

Would you say that a gamer who doesn´t like motion controls will eventually have only 2 options?....Either get used to it or quit gaming?

haha, grampy. I was going to make a sarcastic response to this thread talking about how you were cherry picking. then I realised there was no possible way to differentiate myself from the people that actually missed the point :P

Anyway, it is good to see devs put some effort into the Wii versions :)

i like how HD console gamer always dismiss wii games based on inferior graphics/resolution.

But then again, any FPS on HD consoles is inferior/crippled compared to PC because analog sticks are nowhere near mouse+keyb, meaning that all console users are loosers because PC has it all - great graphics and great controls. And if any HD console owner would start argument on price, compare Wii and PS3 price difference first.

How did the Wii do with:

James Bond Quantum of Solace?
NHL 2K9?
NBA Live 09?

Games can do better on the Wii, but that is solely based on how they use the unique controls (Shaun White and Star Wars Force Unleashed prove that).