By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Days of Just Assuming that the Wii Version is Inferior are OVER!

Wow, you've found 3 games that had higher score. Just 3? How many games scored higher on the HD consoles. I'm just guessing, but I'll bet it is considerably more than 3.

Around the Network
kjj4t9rdad said:
Wow, you've found 3 games that had higher score. Just 3? How many games scored higher on the HD consoles. I'm just guessing, but I'll bet it is considerably more than 3.

A+ for reading comprehension, random-letter dude.  We're talking about recent games only, and he didn't say they were all better on Wii--he said that it can't be taken FOR GRANTED that the Wii version will be lower.

I hope I don't need to say that yet again another time in this thread /sigh

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Jo21 said:
without reading the post.

the first thing that came to my mind was "well... it's a fact"

after reading the topic post it's alot of cherry picking.

3 games are not changing a main trend we have seen...

and shaun's white its considered at better by some reviews by the use of a external accessory.

graphically, physics,animations, textures, sound are inferior to it's HD counterparts.

If you don't read the OP, you waste everybody's time. It said:

"I’m not claiming that the HD consoles do not have the upper hand in scores on a majority of multi-platform releases but I think the days of just taking that for granted are over."

Yes I chose the relativly few examples, at least by score. But frankly, besides the cases where the scores were higher, if the 360 only managed to get a few points higher despite better third party support and that oh so much talked about high definition advantage, I wouldn't call it much of a victory.

If the New York Giants played Slippery Rock Teachers College and won by 2 points do you think they'd be proud of themselves.

I think at the end of 2009 we'll have a lot more examples, a whole lot more

kjj4t9rdad said:

OH WOW, you F**KING RECKON. Read the OP and if you still don't understand the point of the post, please ask. I'll try to explain in simpler terms.

perpride said:
I thought that BS cliche ended with Winning Eleven for Wii?

Now THAT'S a good example. PES on the Wii is the best soccer game I've ever played.

Around the Network

@Jo21
Play both (I have) then tell me you honestly think that looking at the pretty mountains and wiggling you thumbs on the sofa was really a comparable experience to snowboarding by standing on a snowboard and actually making the body motions of the real thing.
If the pretty pictures are so important, buy an Ansel Adams calendar.
And I'm sorry if you think it's an unfair advantage that Nintendo invented yet another innovative interface to improve the gaming experience.

moral of the story. the reviewers have figured out a better scoring system for the wii games rather than direct comparisons to those on other systems.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

--OkeyDokey-- said:
perpride said:
I thought that BS cliche ended with Winning Eleven for Wii?

Now THAT'S a good example. PES on the Wii is the best soccer game I've ever played.

I have been saying this since the day the game came out... Except replace the word, "soccer" with the word, "sports."

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Grampy said:

*  it must be factored in that if Game Informer ever actually gave a Wii game the high score their heads would explode

Lol!!!

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

MrBubbles said:
moral of the story. the reviewers have figured out a better scoring system for the wii games rather than direct comparisons to those on other systems.

In your dreams. I haven't seen any reviewers cut any slack. The opposite is true. They completely fail to factor in a control system which is different from what they grew up on. The starting assumption is that somehow God himself handed down the analog game pad on the mountaintop and using anything else is heresy.

My prediction is that within a decade that particular POS will be in the Smithsonian along with the sliderule and the buttonhook.