By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Days of Just Assuming that the Wii Version is Inferior are OVER!

Legend11 said:
Cherry picking. Why not list every multi-platform game released before and after a specific date and run with that?

Hater.....

Hes saying not anymore. Before of course you could have made that argument but NOW multi-platforms game are getting better. If you bring all of the old ones up we already know they were garbage.=P

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Cherry picking. Why not list every multi-platform game released before and after a specific date and run with that?

OP said:

I’m not claiming that the HD consoles do not have the upper hand in scores on a majority of multi-platform releases but I think the days of just taking that for granted are over.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I see what you are saying, but it's been 2 years now, which is a bit ridiculous on someones part.

Soriku said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Might wanna wait until we get some examples of games that people actually care about :P

I was sure people cared about CoD/GH/Sonic at the very least.

Wii version of COD has a lower score :/

I think the only reason GH is slighter higher on Wii is because IGN thought Rockband 2 was a much better game, which hurt the scores for the HD versions.

And no one's cared about Sonic for... about a decade now :P

thekitchensink said:
Legend11 said:

Maybe because people who actually read his OP know that he's simply saying that it can't be automatically assumed anymore?

Just a thought.

@OP:

I've known that for a while...

check The Superior Version Of A Multiplat Game Thread!

all results are actually the same... and have been that way for a while...

EDIT: Except for Guitar Hero: World tour... 360 won that one due to instrument compatibility...

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
thekitchensink said:
Legend11 said:

Maybe because people who actually read his OP know that he's simply saying that it can't be automatically assumed anymore?

Just a thought.

@OP:

EDIT: Except for Guitar Hero: World tour... 360 won that one due to instrument compatibility...

@ L.C.E.C. - Absolutely,

I've read and support your ambitious and hopefully ongoing project. I was simply trying to emphasize a single point from all that which some people have still missed. That the Wii version is not always inferior BOTH from the reviews from sources whose impartiality is suspect when it comes to the Wii AND from a much more objective analysis by an actual multi-platform user.

I actually agree with the original author that the days of assuming the Wii version of multi-platform games are inferior are over but in my opinion it will be for another reason. I think the trend of making games significantly different for Wii (like EA Sports has done) will become far more common.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Might wanna wait until we get some examples of games that people actually care about :P

Judging by sales people do care about several of these including COD, GH and Madden. I personally care about COD which I have had since day 1, Shaun White which I just got and I think is fantastic, and Sonic which I will get because I'm happy to see the old IP showing some signs of revitalization. And I'll pick up Madden sometime because I have friends that are Madden freaks.

I'm also planning to pick up Tiger Woods 09 which also scored very well (80 vs 82/84) and which I much prefer on the Wii anyway because of what I consider much better control.

Grampy said:
L.C.E.C. said:
thekitchensink said:
Legend11 said:

Just a thought.

@OP:

@ L.C.E.C. - Absolutely,

I've read and support your ambitious and hopefully ongoing project. I was simply trying to emphasize a single point from all that which some people have still missed. That the Wii version is not always inferior BOTH from the reviews from sources whose impartiality is suspect when it comes to the Wii AND from a much more objective analysis by an actual multi-platform user.

Okay, just wanted to see that we were on the same page...

Legend11 said:
I actually agree with the original author that the days of assuming the Wii version of multi-platform games are inferior are over but in my opinion it will be for another reason. I think the trend of making games significantly different for Wii (like EA Sports has done) will become far more common.

Not a different reason at all:

"What almost all of these games have in common is that the developers chose to write a separate version designed for the Wii and to take advantage of its unique strength. I hope and will even predict that this trend will increase." (from OP)

But it is amazing how much better the Wii does when the games are actually designed for it.