By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Within the next few months, Wii Sports will be the best selling game ever

I WILL NOT STAND BY WHILE MARIO'S LEGACY CRUMBLES!

*grab's shotgun*

Looks like it's time to pay Nintendo a visit.......

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I WILL NOT STAND BY WHILE MARIO'S LEGACY CRUMBLES!

*grab's shotgun*

Looks like it's time to pay Nintendo a visit.......

Just turn all your Miis into Mario, and he'll be the star (And co-star. And villain. And audience.) of the Wii Sports show. Problem solved!

^^^^
Okay. I can live with that.

Nooooooo!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

For the million times, Wii Sports shouldn't be counted with software as its bundled with the Wii "ever" since the release of the Wii. A lot of charts don't even count Wii Sports with it.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Poor Mario. He shall be dethroned. Quick someone go destroy the Wii Sports facility.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

darthdevidem01 said:

@rolstoppable

pokemon too

like it or not pokemon is still the HIGHEST SELLING non-bundled game -- this is what counts imo (tetris was bundled I think)

Pokemon remains one of the most popular gaming properties ever!

Tetris was indeed bundled with the original gameboy and was also a readon why it was so succesful.

I'm a bit on the fence on this one though. I know that by this logic we should also count solitary/freecell etc as it comes bundled with every windows system. On the other hand, we know that it would have sold tits according to the japanese if it wasn't bundled... 

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

*~Onna76~* said:
For the million times, Wii Sports shouldn't be counted with software as its bundled with the Wii "ever" since the release of the Wii. A lot of charts don't even count Wii Sports with it.

So were Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt. Get over it already.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Yes it will become the best selling game.

Now for other comparisons I like to compare the best selling game void of multi game and bundled games. And in this case, a Wii game is once again about to take the crown:

1. GTA: San Andreas PS2- 17.50
2. Wii Play- 17.03
3. New Super Mario Bros.- 16.55

So actually its two things about to get dethroned. The actual best selling game ever and then the "other" best selling game ever. And its even got a friend ready to put GTA in 3rd place haha.

The next few monthS?

I disagree with the S.

It looks like Wii should manage to get 45M by the end of 08 (pretty much certain I guess, as otherwise they wouldn't make their shipments goal)

Now, of course, this doesn't mean Wii Sports will have 45M sales.

In Japan, Wii has sold 7.1M, and WS has sold 3.3M. Gap of 3.8M. There's also 150K Wii sales from other countries in Asia that don't have WS bundled. They account for a gap of 150K.

There is no chance that the Wii vs WS gap will increase by 1M in Japan (I think more ala 750K). Now, in the other Asia countries, there won't even be 200K sold, so the gap probably won't beat 150K.

So I'll say Wii Sports has a very decent chance of overtaking it within 1 month, and within 1 month and 2 weeks it is certain (as in week ending 19th January)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS