By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Whats wrong with japanese game development? answered

Weaker Japanese based games = Me being less happy...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
c0rd said:
mike_intellivision said:
This just shows that gamers misunderstanding the current situation is not a uniquely American/Western phenomenon.

I am not even sure this is original as I remember something similar being posted a couple of weeks ago (I searched and could not find it).

Mike from Morgantown

Is it this thread by any chance?

I just wanted to add: Why does it seem like everybody ignores Nintendo? Nintendo is not competing with Sony or Microsoft, and now they aren't even Japanese game developers (else the article crumbles even further). What's going on?

Nope. Wasn't that thread. It was the thread which said a couple of Japanese software companies would come through OK (Square and someone else). And again, Nintendo was just ignored.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Soriku said:
@Bad

I worded that wrong. I meant that many Western devs put graphics as the top priority so they make a really great game but it's just way too costly and they lose money if they overdo it. Game might be great graphically, gameplay, etc. but doesn't do much good for them if they lose money.

I must disagree. Games which have expensive production values usually do really well critically and commercially. However games which use licenses do bomb time to time.