By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts get Haze-ed?

I didn't see any tv advertisement for this; however, I was not interested.

I'm a big fan of the Banjo-Kazooie Franchise, but they really lost me with this attempt to take it in a new direction. I would have picked this up immediately had this been reminiscent of the first two, but the vehicle aspect of the game totally drained my interest.

Ugh, here is to hoping the next installment in the franchise returns to its roots and is just as great as the first two.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Around the Network
Infamous said:
Pharaoh said:
Maybe it wasn't hyped in the gaming community, but Rare and Microsoft really blitzed the media with it. I have seen so many commercials for Banjo. They have been running it constantly on ESPN, especially leading up to Black Friday.

They should have made it a platformer, since the other Banjo games were good. I haven't played it, so I can't say whether its good or not. But pretty bad sales so far for rare.

It wasn't hyped, just because you see a few commercials doesn't mean Microsoft "blitzed" anything, rofl. And yeah, I can tell you didn't play it even though you said so, because it IS a platformer. The worlds are just too massive to only walk around, you'd need some sort of transportation, hence they made it vehicular-platforming.

@ MrBubbles: Totally agree, the game is fucking amazing. Lasts forever, too..I don't even think I'm a quarter done collecting everything and I've put in ~25 hours thus far.

i picked it up launch day and collected my last jiggy yesterday, still need one last trophy and then to get first on every leaderboard

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Infamous said:
Pharaoh said:
Maybe it wasn't hyped in the gaming community, but Rare and Microsoft really blitzed the media with it. I have seen so many commercials for Banjo. They have been running it constantly on ESPN, especially leading up to Black Friday.

They should have made it a platformer, since the other Banjo games were good. I haven't played it, so I can't say whether its good or not. But pretty bad sales so far for rare.

It wasn't hyped, just because you see a few commercials doesn't mean Microsoft "blitzed" anything, rofl. And yeah, I can tell you didn't play it even though you said so, because it IS a platformer. The worlds are just too massive to only walk around, you'd need some sort of transportation, hence they made it vehicular-platforming.

@ MrBubbles: Totally agree, the game is fucking amazing. Lasts forever, too..I don't even think I'm a quarter done collecting everything and I've put in ~25 hours thus far.

i picked it up launch day and collected my last jiggy yesterday, still need one last trophy and then to get first on every leaderboard

Good luck with that lol, some of those #1 replays are INSANE, some people are pure geniouses!

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Infamous said:
MrBubbles said:
Infamous said:
Pharaoh said:

Good luck with that lol, some of those #1 replays are INSANE, some people are pure geniouses!

yeah i know, ,  i did manage to get second place on one though   only .14s behind 1st

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Banjo is the third game in a series which hasn't seen a game in nearly a decade, it was produced by a developer who really started to bleed all of its talent a decade ago who is now just a shell of its former glory, and they decided to go out of their way to alienate as many of their former fans by abandoning the core gameplay mechanics that they enjoyed. The only way this was going to be successful was if it was unusually high quality and Microsoft spent a fortune to market it ...

Around the Network

It is a good game but not a great game.

i think banjo will sell over 1.5 million at least in its lifetime.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

HappySqurriel said:

Banjo is the third game in a series which hasn't seen a game in nearly a decade, it was produced by a developer who really started to bleed all of its talent a decade ago who is now just a shell of its former glory, and they decided to go out of their way to alienate as many of their former fans by abandoning the core gameplay mechanics that they enjoyed. The only way this was going to be successful was if it was unusually high quality and Microsoft spent a fortune to market it ...

The original Banjo team created N&B.

I love the new Banjo.
Great game

Banjo is a great game, It just so happens this game didn't get enough media attention nor advertisement. It's another overlooked game that should be at least 500k in sales right now. I guess banjo isn't as popular like it used to.