By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kid Hangs Cat with Game Controller, Cops Blame GTA

What mission was this?  Not that I would like to play that mission, but all I got to do was kill some flying rats, i never remember Kitten hanging.

Boys Hang Kitten With Game Controller, Sherriff Blames GTA

Two Mesa, Arizona boys have admitted to local law enforcement that they strangled a four month old cat with a video game controller and stoned it to death. Who's to blame? Grand Theft Auto.

Yes, GTA even kills kittens. That's according to Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio who, according to a local news report talked about the connection. “This game allows players to kill cops and rape women," Arpaio explained. "It’s little wonder why they perpetrated such violence against that little animal.”

The report states that the two boys, ages six and seven, strung up the kitten with what appears to be a PlayStation 2 controller after playing an unspecified entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. The boys will not be charged with animal cruelty due to their age. And I'm off to drink!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

lol rape?

Two key lines in that story:

Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio
If you know anything about him, he is unique and opinionated. Others have described him as colorful and controversial. He has a tent city and has prisoners wear pink underwear. Regardless of how you feel about him, he is not a typical law enforcement officer.

two boys, ages six and seven,
Where are the parents? Who in their right mind gives a 6 or 7 year old GTA. My son is 6 -- the same age as the younger boy. Other than SSBM/B, he does not play anything stronger than E/E10. (In other words, Melee and Brawl are the only T-rated games he sees. And that is only because the original entry in the series was rated E and I didn't realize that Melee had been bumped up until after we had played it).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

wtf? Maybe they should be strangled and have rocks thrown at them... maybe they'll learn then!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

i dont remember any rape parts in the grand theft auto series....

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

And they stoned it to death as well, guess the bible is to blame for that as well. Nothing worse than ignorant ppl in positions of power. As said before, what GTA game allows you to rape women?? So much fail in this, glad to see our tax money going toward such high quality police work.....

Blaming video games for parental negligence is becoming so fashionable =/

Epoch said:

Blaming video games for parental negligence is becoming so fashionable =/

Agreed.

Sick fucks. Id kick their asses if I ever saw em.

I didn't know you could hang cats in GTA...

And @ Epoch; yes, indeed it is.