By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Polyphony Digital other than Gran Turismo series

SJGohan3972 said:

I believe you are right, Gran Turismo sells because of the amount of polish that goes into it. And in terms of the highest sales of a single game GT takes the cake:

GT 3: A-Spec comes in at 14.87m

while the MK series has:

Mario Kart DS at 12.66m and
Mario Kart Wii at 10.46m

This could of course change as MK:DS and MK:Wii I think both have a change at the big 15 while GT5 will suffer from the relativly smaller user base of the PS3.

Now if you compare GT and MK in terms of total sales the winner shifts sides:

MK Series Total: 54.16m
GT Series Total: 49.92m

These numbers are all based off of VGChartz data of course and  can be found:
Here and Here

oops that would be why I thought there were 2 games above MKWii, not 1. Anyways, does anyone know why kantor listed NFS as #10

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

i mean overall.It is the best game series

RED53DEVILS said:
i mean overall.It is the best game series

You may think so but then someone else might think that Petz! is the best game series they have ever come accross. That is horribly opinionated. I mean GT is incredibly polished and has awesome sales but that dosn't automatically make it the best game series.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

nordlead said:
SJGohan3972 said:

stuff

oops that would be why I thought there were 2 games above MKWii, not 1. Anyways, does anyone know why kantor listed NFS as #10

He was most likely sorting the game database like this

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.