By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. 10 years on...

It has been 10 years since the launch of the N64 classic Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It remains the best video game ever created in the history of the world. It has such a huge cult staus on the video game related forums. It is highly likely that no video game will ever surpass the classic  game that is LoZ: OoT.

Both Gamerankings and Metacritic have LoZ: OoT ranked as number 1 game of all time as of December 2008, ten years since the launch of the game on the N64 back in December 1998. An almost 10 year unbroken record except for GTA IV temporarily gaining top ranked position for a day or two.

Around the Network

And this game will always be #1 because it was just plain awesome, *Praises* Shigeru for being the best in the bussiness.

I spent sp much time riding Epona around Hyrule just enjoying the sights and the awesomeness(is that a word) that is LOZ OOT

I prefer The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo) because of it's fluid Quality Gameplay.

The temples in Ocarina of Time = 5/10

Edit:

Ocarina of Time is a good game though.

Ten years later and A Link to the Past is still better than Ocarina of Time.

Go figure.

Okay, that sounds like trolling. So I'm going to say that OoT is awesome and is still awesome after all these years.

Just not as awesome as LttP.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I liked The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker better... Then again, I never really cared for the graphics/controller on my N64. For all the crap that the GameCube gets, I really liked it...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

My first time playing Ocarina of Time was in 2003. I got it for pre-ordering Wind Waker. It blew me (and Wind Waker) away! Personally, I prefer Twilight Princess and Link to the Past (aged better), but I can't argue against OoT. It's an amazing triumph of a game.

Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I beat and it remains my favourite. I had some great times with that game.

it is still my favorite game ever, i was not big fan of zelda games before OOT, i'll admit that, infact i was not even thinking about getting OOT when it was coming out, i was waiting for Turok 2, i bought turok 2 and the expansion ram thingy for about £70, i was seeing people buying zelda and i was not interested, i didnt used to read reviews at that time, after i beat turok 2 in about a week, i realized it was not as good as i hoped, i saw a commercial for zelda and it looked amazing, i exchanged turok 2 for OOT and it was the best gaming decision i ever made.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434