By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Official Dated for February

Nice date, closer then I thought, glad it's not to far off.

Killzone 2 Officialy Dated For February

The next big PlayStation 3 exclusive will be hitting North America early next year, as Killzone 2 has been officially dated for February 27, 2009. Sony announced the launch date on today's episode of X-Play.

The sequel was infamously confirmed at E3 2005, making the wait almost four years long for Guerrilla Games' futuristic first-person shooter. The game has not yet been dated for other territories.

SCEA managing producer Kyle Shubel revealed the date, along with two new weapons during a preview on G4 earlier today. A clip from that episode can be seen after the break.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Good for the people who can't wait for it anymore.

Shipped the 27th. Received by GameStop the 28th. lol

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

can't wait. but im surprised they will wait that long. the game is already done, they just cleaning bugs out and supposiblity going to add some new maps.

but im not going to whine about it cause i rather get something worth my money and wait, then get a piece of crap that doesn't work but get it early.
Hope this game lives B3yond its hype

this game looks fuckin sweet

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006

Around the Network

Do not I understand anything, because to lasso a game of so much importance in a date so little propitious for the sale of games?

February? .. or my god.., this game is a failure of sales.

Better to throw launch it in December, 2009.

i am getting it!.

my birthday its 21st =).

So PS3 price cut confirmed for February 27?

Had to do it :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

green_box said:
Do not I understand anything, because to lasso a game of so much importance in a date so little propitious for the sale of games?

February? .. or my god.., this game is a failure of sales.

Better to throw launch it in December, 2009.

Because releasing in the over-crowded Christmas season really helped LBP, Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2. ;)

Seriously, it'd be overlooked by most consumers in favour of COD6 if it released in Dec 09. February will be fine for Killzone 2, especially as the price cut will be dropping just afterwards.

SO... I take free day on feburary 27 :D

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !