By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will all consoles of the future be called some stupid one syllable word?

I think "Gamecube" is arguably the stupidest name ever devised (except for Xbox) but it's also charming if only because that's exactly what it was.

Around the Network

I really think consoles should go to the good old names....

Nintendo Entertainment System...

wait wasn't that commonly refered to as NES... cause shorter is easier to say, remember, sell....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Khuutra said:
I think "Gamecube" is arguably the stupidest name ever devised (except for Xbox) but it's also charming if only because that's exactly what it was.

To be fair, most all video game systems have stupid names when you really think about it. 

It's a good thing that's not the important part.

"most stupidest".

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Khuutra said:

To be fair, most all video game systems have stupid names when you really think about it. 

It's a good thing that's not the important part.

Hey, I like the name Gamecube, don't get me wrong. It was a cube that played games! That is pretty great.

Around the Network

Wii is awesome, easy to be said by everybody. Still find the name horrible? So, what you're going to say about names like iPod or Google?

haxxiy said:
Wii is awesome, easy to be said by everybody. Still find the name horrible? So, what you're going to say about names like iPod or Google?

That they're 2 syllable words.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

But also do not mean nothing.

Khuutra said:

How is it any stupider than Playstation?

numonex said:
I hate one syllable names they are silly.

And now you've pissed off a world full of John's.