By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A handheld Xbox?

I have heard rumors of Microsoft going into the handheld market. Is this a good idea? Can MS even make an impact if they do it right or should they just stick to consoles and let the PSP and DS duke it out? The PSP isn't doing so bad right now in the US, but in Japan they are getting slapped almost 3 to 1 I think, not sure about Europe, but in the USA they are at least doing better but still being outsold by about 2.8 million units. But with the competition between the PSP and DS can Microsoft even get in there or will they get bitchslapped out? I don't think it's a good idea, Microsoft has enough issues with it's xbox thing. I have a DS lite BTW, not a PSP. Based on VGCharts Numbers Nintendo DS 10,446,250 in the USA PSP 7,596,750 in the USA

Around the Network

i cant really see what they would offer to the handheld market, a psp clone? why would you clone a handheld that is trailing? I fail to see microsoft seeing a point in bringing out a handheld........ doesnt mean they wont but

jstam said: i cant really see what they would offer to the handheld market, a psp clone? why would you clone a handheld that is trailing? I fail to see microsoft seeing a point in bringing out a handheld........ doesnt mean they wont but
Maybe because they are greedy and want to rule the electronic world?

Death2009 said:Maybe because they are greedy and want to rule the electronic world?
You mean be just like Sony?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Death2009 said: Maybe because they are greedy and want to rule the electronic world?
oh there is no doubt they are teh greedzlordz, but they arent stupid either. when sony entered handhelds there was nothing like the psp out there, is there room for another psp?

Around the Network

They would have to make something different than the PSP...something newer and original....good luck with that one Microsoft...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nds: Europe as of Feb 2007: 11.2 Mil... with about 5 million copies sold of nintendogs

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said: Nds: Europe as of Feb 2007: 11.2 Mil... with about 5 million copies sold of nintendogs
What about the PSP?

Death2009 said: StarcraftManiac said: Nds: Europe as of Feb 2007: 11.2 Mil... with about 5 million copies sold of nintendogs What about the PSP?
7 to 8, I think. So pretty good hardware sales, heard that software is bad.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

well, could be nice : Halo on handheld, but futher will it be doomed.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.