By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Congratulations Wii Music and LittleBigPlanet

darthdevidem01 said:
@papflesje

I am also talking on a WW level here.......a bundle in belgium won't give LBP too many sales.

So? :-/  I was just giving the facts about my own country.  You said it had practically none in your country.  I merely added that it was abundant in my country?  Was I not allowed to do so?...

Besides, despite being such a small country, we represent quite a decent amount of games and consoles.  Looking at the top10 in those shops, LBP ranks 1st and second in those three shops, meaning the game does a bit better compared to the overall 5th or 6th place that LBP holds in several other European countries (ps3 lists).

Around the Network

Apparently one game deserves it and one doesn't.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

SmokedHostage said:
colonelstubbs said:
Yay for LBP!

Too bad you can't play it on a 360..

Gears of War 2 > Resistance 2 > LBP > Wii Music

ManusJustus said:
SmokedHostage said:
colonelstubbs said:
Yay for LBP!

for you... not for everyone.

ManusJustus said:
SmokedHostage said:
colonelstubbs said:
Yay for LBP!

Why would you even compare Resistance 2, and Gears 2 with LBP and Wii Music?

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network
johnathonmerritt said:
WiiStation360 said:
Wait, I thought they both bombed??

Good sales for both. Both should sell well for a long time.

LBP sold over 600,000 week 1. Remeber this site counted week 1 before the game was released. So for it's accurate details, combine week 1 and 2. For it's age, take 1 week off of what this site says.

Isn't that only true for America? You'll have to settle with a 535k week one.

Anyway, these games are selling great. They started slightly below my expectations, but their current sales look good. They're getting holiday boosts at the moment, though - hopefully they will still sell once it's over.

nightsurge said:
Just goes to show that the Wii with it's masses of casuals and motion controller can sell even the most simple of games with no skill needed at exceptional sales levels. Me, on the other hand, will never play the game. Quite frankly a button masher game that I can never miss a note seems kind of "Fisher Price 3 note Piano"-esque.

This just proves that you haven't even played the game and you just went along all the other Wii Music haters wich the majority is just like you... I tell ya kids these days....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Glad to see both games doing well.

Though I was (probably) wrong when I thought Wii Music would sell 3M-5M lifetime. The negative PR caused by gaming pubs/sites who don't get it or were upset over how it was featured at E3 has proved to be tough to overcome. (The people buying the games don't follow that -- but the people who sell them at the stores do.)

Meanwhile, LBP is tracking well. But it is not doing what a lot of people thought it would do (and which I disagreed with them on) -- causing console sales to surge.

What is really amazing though is that given all the pre-buzz for LBP, there does not seem to be any in-store buzz. Meanwhile, there are Wii Music displays at Gamestop (paid for by Nintendo ... no doubt). So LBP selling on par with Wii Music, especially given the install base differential means you have to give LBP some "props."

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Slavedemonxi said:
ManusJustus said:
SmokedHostage said:
colonelstubbs said:
Yay for LBP!

Why would you even compare Resistance 2, and Gears 2 with LBP and Wii Music?

Damage control, quite simply.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Are you... Trying to befriend games?

PS: You are wrong

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=24657&region=All

Wii Music - 920K

LittleBigPlanet - http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12390&region=All

LBP - 960K

Still, even though all your info was wrong, and the topic thus doesn't make sense, this is still your best thread.

I dont think anyone would argue that both games arent going to sell millions, these games are mch like wii Fit and will sell slower but for longer, unlike GTA4 where everyone that wanted it bought it straight away.

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii