By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think it's time for a new Mortal Kombat movie.

perpride said:
amp3 - Why? That would make me sad.

I have never seen a video game movie that is any good at all. 

Some movies can make good video games though (i.e. GoldenEye).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

There was to be a sequel called Mortal Kombat:Devastation.

Wiki Quote:

"Production on a sequel, titled Mortal Kombat: Devastation, was initially scheduled to commence shortly after the release of Annihilation, but it was shelved due to Annihilation's poor box-office performance. It has remained stagnant in preproduction for over a decade, after being mired in development hell for a number of years with numerous script rewrites and story changes, along with the destruction of New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, which greatly affected one of the shooting locations. No information about the production exists on the official MK website produced by Threshold Entertainment, which has not been updated since 2004. The only confirmed detail about Devastation is that it will be a reboot of the MK film saga."

I don't think fighting games are adapted good on the big screen. DOA,Street Fighter, Double Dragon, MK Annihilation are prime examples. Video Games in general make horrible movies. Only movies i liked coming from VG were Silent Hill, The RE trilogy and Mortal Kombat to a degree.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

perpride said:
amp3 - Why? That would make me sad.

agreed, we cant give up i mean who knows the next one could be gold

Phew, for a second there I thought you wanted a sequel! I cringed when I heard: "release your animality". But yes, another attempt would be welcome. For every hundred or so misses, there's usually a hit. I also enjoyed the first movie.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

hmm, i would only agree to a new mortal kombat if christopher lambert returns as rayden. seriously, he carried the entire cast of yahoos in the original movie.

Around the Network
perpride said:
Dude that guy looks like the biggest fruitcake....wth.

rofl seriously, he looks like he's a fruitcake on heroin