By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Someone should make a Slam Dunk basketball game.

i know, like i said there are japanese clone games. what i want is an actual basketball game based on slam dunk, with a decent budget and developer

Around the Network

Oh damn I just saw this commercial for the Super Famicom (SNES) version of the game and the commercial is great! It's even in English! hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVY14JsnQU

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

whoa you're good at finding this stuff.

bugrimmar said:
whoa you're good at finding this stuff.

Well I already had the Segagaga website bookmarked as I've been a Sega Saturn fan since it was released (see my game collection ;-p ).

As for the commercial, well I just searched for it in Japanese and that's what I found, hehe.

I've never really seen/read Slam Dunk myself, though I'm a big fan of his other manga (Vagabond and Real) and wow, I just found out that he did the character designs for Lost Odyssey, as well! I didn't notice that it was the same person, Inoue Takehiko. (That's why he has a Lost Odyssey link on his webpage, hehe ;-p )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I don't think such a game would even do well in Japan. Let's face it, Slam Dunk WAS huge there, but the fanbase is dated. If the author starts up that Slam Dunk followup he's mentioned once or twice, then yeah, it'd be a great idea. But as it stands now, probably wouldn't.

Around the Network

you should read slam dunk manga. it's really the best out there, for sure :) even if you don't like basketball.

I'd be great!! One of the best sport series of all time!!

If you're a big Slam Dunk fan you should try the arcade from 1995 called Super Slams. It can be played with M A M E. The game is not impressive but it's fun.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I don't think such a game would even do well in Japan. Let's face it, Slam Dunk WAS huge there, but the fanbase is dated. If the author starts up that Slam Dunk followup he's mentioned once or twice, then yeah, it'd be a great idea. But as it stands now, probably wouldn't.

Ehm, ehm...are you sure that the fanbase is dated? Do you know that last year Slam Dunk was claimed the best manga of all time for Japanese by vote?

Sometimes even if you know what you are going to lose, you got to go fight. That's part of being a man.  Eikichi Onizuka

Turin Turambar said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Ehm, ehm...are you sure that the fanbase is dated? Do you know that last year Slam Dunk was claimed the best manga of all time for Japanese by vote?

The fanbase is dated, yeah. Not saying it's gone, because it isn't, but it's dated in the sense that they most likely aren't the people who'd go buy videogames. Like it or not, videogames are more geared toward younger people, and from what I've seen that holds more true in Japan than anywhere else.

Slam dunk rules!

I loved the anime, but no need for a game.