By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prince of Persia sleeper hit confirmed?!

In spain Ubi has been buying time on the TV news (which means a 2 minutes piece of "news" talking about your product). That's very expensive.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
badgenome said:
BengaBenga said:
Lolcislaw said:
360 owners amuse me, they do buy loads and loads of software, i just wonder where do they get all the money time from. Great News

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/9/28/

lol, that was great!

The game isn't PS3 exclusive in Canada. That's just more misleading Sony advertising.

99% of the multiplatform commercials I see here in Holland end with a 360 logo. That's not misleading, it's smart.

BengaBenga said:

The game isn't PS3 exclusive in Canada. That's just more misleading Sony advertising.

99% of the multiplatform commercials I see here in Holland end with a 360 logo. That's not misleading, it's smart.

True it is smart. I haven't see many PS3 third party game ads in Australia either.

Devise01 said:

Sexy Europe Bundle.

Yeah but Microsoft is doing same thing with other games :)  So they are both worth each other.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Prince of Persia games are always good I don't know how you forgot about this one! The only bad thing I heard about this one is that it is too easy...I will probably rent it just cause of the games you mentioned in your first post Seece.

Around the Network

I'm not sure why people will be surprised if it sells well... Prince of Persia is a fairly big franchise, and Ubisoft knows how to market their games very well.  I would even say its Ubi's biggest release of the year (and Ubisoft is a HUGE publisher), ahead of both Shawn White and Far Cry 2. 

Dinomax said:
Wait, Sleeper hit? Really?

Prince of Persia is an established franchise with a ton of hype. Sleeper my ass.

exactly, the term "sleeper hit" is totally misused here

Prince of Persion: The Sands of Time back then maybe was a sleeper hit, but this new iteration surely isn't

I used the term "sleeper hit" in terms of sales. and that fact that NO it hasn't been talked about at ALL on this site until just recently.

I am getting this asap.

It's actually a sleeper hit. PoP has received very little fanfare from VGC, or any other gaming forum for that matter. Yet, the reviews have been stellar, and it seems ioi is saying the game has moved a significant number of copies.

The MGC #s aren't a good indicator - as said - they have some issues since they've merged PoP classic with PoP 2009.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I haven't seen any commercials in the US. There's only 4,000 players on MGC.