By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prince of Persia sleeper hit confirmed?!

^^^the games you were hyped for all turned out to be stellar games

Around the Network

Initial reviews of PoP have been pretty good, but it isn't on my radar to pick up now. Too many other games have my attention like Gears 2, Fable 2, and Fallout 3.

But, "meh" sales for Tomb raider and mirror's edge could be a good sign that people were holding out for PoP.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Regarding MyGamerCard.net I think somehow the Arcade version and Retail Version have merged ....

Not only does 240,000+ seem high for the Arcade version (I can't find it on mr stickballs arcade sales entry) but the gamer pictures for the game ar ones from the retail version. Both games have the same name and I dont understand how the top scorer for the game got 920 / 47.

On top of that there isn't another entry for Prince of Persia so where is the retail version if that isn't it? VERY confusing.

Every game in the franchise has done at least a million, it won't be a surprise.

seece said:
Regarding MyGamerCard.net I think somehow the Arcade version and Retail Version have merged ....

Not only does 240,000+ seem high for the Arcade version (I can't find it on mr stickballs arcade sales entry) but the gamer pictures for the game ar ones from the retail version. Both games have the same name and I dont understand how the top scorer for the game got 920 / 47.

On top of that there isn't another entry for Prince of Persia so where is the retail version if that isn't it? VERY confusing.

Yes, that's what happened. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen with PoP (happens fairly often with other games, actually - there is a lot of people who get scores like 2000/1000 on games). It will probably stay like that until they make an entry for Prince of Persia 2009 or Prince of Persia Classic or something.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
seece said:

Yes, that's what happened. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen with PoP (happens fairly often with other games, actually - there is a lot of people who get scores like 2000/1000 on games). It will probably stay like that until they make an entry for Prince of Persia 2009 or Prince of Persia Classic or something.

Lazy, another thing, all the achievements have the same picture which is already bugging me. How hard is it to come up with 50 different mini pictures! The achievements overall look fun and I guess thats all that matters. As for sales well we will just have to wait and see.

seece said:
badgenome said:
seece said:

Lazy, another thing, all the achievements have the same picture which is already bugging me. How hard is it to come up with 50 different mini pictures! The achievements overall look fun and I guess thats all that matters. As for sales well we will just have to wait and see.

Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it selling too poorly. If ioi says it's shifting a lot of units, then it is.

I'll get it this saturday! The only thing I don't like about this game is that you cannot die and maybe a lack of fights. But I have no doubt that I will love this game!

Wait, Sleeper hit? Really?

Prince of Persia is an established franchise with a ton of hype. Sleeper my ass.

its a beautiful game...i'm very impressed :)