By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I hate Disney!

Actually, I love parts of Disney. What I hate is their handling of Miramax.

I just went through a marathon of Beautiful Girls, Trainspotting, and Pulp Fiction. Was there a more perfect film company than Miramax in the 90s?

Eisner can suck my balls. His treatment of the Weinsteins ruined the greatest film company of the decade.

PS. Miramax bought up Clerks. That alone puts them way up on the list in my book.

PPS. Grr.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I hate Disney too.

The bastards destroyed all my childhood fantasies.

Eisner is a douche (like me) and may even be the devil in disguise. True story.

The Weinsteins aren't exactly innocent in all of this though. There's countless reports of them frivolously spending money and going way over budget. However, they are geniuses when it comes to picking up exciting cinema. Their new company is picking good stuff also, but my new favorite is Focus Features, and has been for quite a few moons now. They have an eye for talent.

Anybody seen Brick?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I hate Onymeth.

They say Confucious does his crossword with a pen.

You must be sobering up if you hate Onyxmeth. Why not drown yourself in a pint and then come back. Maybe you'll see Onyxmeth in a new light. You know, like the holy light or something.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

You must be sobering up if you hate Onyxmeth. Why not drown yourself in a pint and then come back. Maybe you'll see Onyxmeth in a new light. You know, like the holy light or something.

Well, it's lonesome in this old town. Everybody puts me down. I'm a face without a name, just walking in the rain.

rocketpig said:
Onyxmeth said:

Well, it's lonesome in this old town. Everybody puts me down. I'm a face without a name, just walking in the rain.

With enough brooze, an ugly male could turn into a beautiful woman. Anything is possible with brooze. Especially, if it's made in space.

Miramax still has some good blood in it. Doubt looks like it will be a great movie.

Recently, they did No Country for Old Men, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Gangs of New York (2002), Chicago (2002), Cidade de Deus (2002, personally I hate this one, but everyone else seems to love it), Hero (2002, not sure if Miramax just holds the distributing rights though), and a few others that I haven't seen so I won't judge.

I think you are judging a little bit hastily rocketpig, although you might have been drunk, if so your rant was pretty funny.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Miramax still has some good blood in it. Doubt looks like it will be a great movie.

Recently, they did No Country for Old Men, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Gangs of New York (2002), Chicago (2002), Cidade de Deus (2002, personally I hate this one, but everyone else seems to love it), Hero (2002, not sure if Miramax just holds the distributing rights though), and a few others that I haven't seen so I won't judge.

I think you are judging a little bit hastily rocketpig, although you might have been drunk, if so your rant was pretty funny.

The only two that weren't because of the Weinsteins are Diving Bell and No Country. Everything else has their stink on it.

Who could possibly hate Disney!? Lion King FTW!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot