By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA announces Nascar Kart Racing for the Wii! Yippie!!

RolStoppable said:
Oh, those are trees. I thought it was candy on a stick.

You mean like a lollipop?...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Looks like a solid wii-title for me.

I didn't think that this game had any target demographic, but whatever floats your boat.

Don't mind him, he's just a troll.

OT: I'm 100% with trestres on this one.  Since when do Nascar racers throw "oil slicks, rockets, and more..." at each other during races?  This is nothing but a pathetic attempt at a Mario Kart rip-off.  The cover reeks of NCAA All-Play.  I agree with Ari, its competition is too strong.    

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

LOL and now everyone here cares for NASCAR game even though NASCAR games arent that good and repetitive...

Round and round and round thats the gameplay but hey lol OK then.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Esa-Petteri said:
@NiKKoM

I agree, graphics are quite good for wii.

You are quickly becoming one of my least favorite people on this site and I don't care who knows it.

Congrats though, it only took a couple of hundred posts.  You are good at what you do.

On topic.  The game looks like crap.  The only Mario Kart clone that I ever liked was Diddy Kong Racing.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

What EA should do is a new Rumble Racing for HD consoles

Around the Network

Guys, EA is just looking at the NPD results of Nintendo developed games and are following in their footsteps. They are not making creative games nor are they trying to develop games that fill in the genres that are not developed by Nintendo or other third parties.

MySims is more related to Animal Crossing than The Sims, a game that is already a hit with casual and core PC gamers.

EA is developing EA Fitness because Wii Fit has been a Megaton Seller.

Now they are developing Nascar Kart which is a Mario Kart clone. Everyone already knows how well Mario Kart is selling.

Geez, I wonder what EA is going to copy next? I honestly hope their strategy fails. They only see the Wii as a revenue stream. Instead of a gaming console. This is why the HD consoles receive more investment than the Wii. EA just needs to invest in the Wii and look for original titles or treat the Wii as a gaming console like the Xbox 360 and PS3. The Wii gamers like myself would not mind a Command and Conquer game on the Wii in SD nor would we be disappointed with a SD version of Dead Space. But unfortunately, EA is not willing to try. They'd rather clone all of Nintendo's games and make money than put forth any kind of effort.

EA's executives need to be fired. A kid could have come up with the copy what Nintendo is doing strategy.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

For once I agree with Trestres. I like the concept of making a Nascar Racer just for kids, but this looks too much like a rip off. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

would be great if this sold 1/10th of what MKwii sold

Lul_de_Behanger said:
would be great if this sold 1/10th of what MKwii sold

That's what they are hoping for. Those would be huge sales.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@patjuan: You win the thread. That's exactly what I was gonna say. EA are birdmen, just like Maelstrom predicted, following Nintendo's steps.

The bad thing is that actual original content could sell into the millions, like Wii Fit, but they are stubborn and shortsighted and can't see that a carbon copy of a superior game will fail terribly, even more terribly when the characters used in their games are just generic people with generic cars on a generic track that could be rendered on the SNES without much trouble.
EA is a terrible company, I honestly don't know why I thought they were getting better over the time, they are the cancer of gaming like some people said in the past.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies