By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii (as in tiny) game sales thread.

A lot of Wii games (and games in general) are getting Black Friday/Holiday boosts.

But games for the Wii in general seem to sell very very differently than past models. That confounds a lot of "experts" -- but it also means that if you are patient, you can make a profit.

Also, most of the games mentioned do not seem to have benefited from the price cut boost (Zack & Wiki not withstanding).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
Well dude , i recommend to study American Sales for the week ending 29th of November, and look how all games on the Wii have sold well, even those released few weeks back like De Blob of Star Wars:TFU.

And also i dont see any Shovelware in the Top 10 its filled with fun products.

But keep trolling if that makes you happy.

Yes if people actually cared to look the 130 Wii titles that did 10k or more last week was quite diverse.  Numerous kinds of games.  Your Nintendo titles, to sports titles, to music titles, to platformers, to action titles, to shooters, to RPGs, to party games, and of course your shovelware.  Point is there is nothing single doing well but everything doing well.

What are the really frontloaded Wii games then?
What distinguishes them from the games wich sells more and more as time goes by?

This is invisible text!

@Killergran: Nothing, even the most fronloaded Wii games have shown excellent legs. There's no such game on the Wii that sells good in it's first 2 months and then dies off. The game either sells or bombs terribly. Terrible bombs are too rare, they are mostly relegated to the Japanese market, where games rarely showed legs outside of a Nintendo made game.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I wonder if I can dare to hope for De Blob to break a million.

Around the Network

Hmm can't wait to see how COD5 does over time.

Khuutra said:

I'd say you should dare to hope.  At the least, De Blob will have about 550,000 sold by the end of the year.  More realistically it'll be at about 650k-700k range with a maximum at 730k.  So either way it'll be in a good range to "leg" it out in 2009.

Khuutra said:

Probably not, but 500k is certain and that's likely more than enough for THQ. Deadly Creatures probably has a little higher targets.

Alright. I'm going to try to follow most of the recent tiny releasers to see where they go. Namco Museum and the Pinball game have officially made it and made it big time.

I'll be looking at Monster Lab, Nerf N-Strike (for now just out of curiousity, though it seems to be established), Sim city Creator, Face Breaker K.O. and any other games that open sub 10,000 but might climb up the ranks.

Face Breaker K.O. Party America sales

Week 1 - 3,063
Week 2 - 6,974
Week 3 - 14,522

Let me know if you find some other such games, I'll update them all as the numbers come out.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Some other sub 10,000 opening games I'll add are Guinness World Records: The Videogame for it's Euro sales

Region  Japan  America  Others Total
Total Sales 0.00m 0.09m 0.17m 0.26m
Week 1 n/a 21,420 8,539 29,959
Week 2 n/a 27,924 18,507 46,431
Week 3 n/a 43,998 29,158 73,156
Week 4 n/a n/a 49,755 49,755
Week 5 n/a n/a 64,432 64,432

And The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon for American Sales

Region  Japan  America  Others Total
Total Sales 0.00m 0.06m 0.03m 0.09m
Week 1 n/a 3,049 8,400 11,449
Week 2 n/a 4,324 11,280 15,604
Week 3 n/a 6,203 12,811 19,014
Week 4 n/a 7,165 n/a 7,165
Week 5 n/a 11,920 n/a 11,920
Week 6 n/a 26,673 n/a 26,673

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.