By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 graphical comparsion: 2007 Vs. 2008(just wow)

lol i m afraid it is in game ;)

Around the Network

holy crap, they added colour!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Holy crap that's quite the change, I can't wait for the 2007 vs. 2008 vs. 2009 pics

They finally got the Guerrilla Games insignia off the soldier's shoulder.
OT:
That looks like an awesome improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

HOLY CRAP COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

*bows to sony and guerrilla*

most awesome game of 2009 confirmed.

Around the Network

it's like difference between first gen game and a second gen game from a company(like Gears1 Vs. Gears 2 or Resistance 1 Vs. Resistance 2)

yea the difference is that big.

I feel like they have been done the game forever and have just gone through the game a hundred times just fixing and touching up the graphics on every little detail.

KatinJin said:
Kind of like what I'm seeing here although Gaffers are saying downgrades in effects.

The "downgrade" is mostly in the motion blur.

There's still a little motion blur going on, but it's been drastically reduced. Before you could easily see it, but now it's really subtle and you have to really pay attention to find good examples. Most people may like the new crisper/cleaner look, but I can understand why some people are a little dissapointed from the reduced post processing. Regardless, it's still an improvement over 2007. Hopefully they find a way to re-apply the motion blur along with those upgraded models, colors and textures.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I feel like they have been done the game forever and have just gone through the game a hundred times just fixing and touching up the graphics on every little detail.

that's kinda right,,,GG games finished the game 5-6 months ago and since then, they have been working on improving the game.

Sony delayed the game for other reasons,otherwise the game was ready to ship for this holiday season.

noone knows why they delayed it,,but some say Sony didn't want R2 and KZ2 to compete,,,Others say Sony wants to do a price cut around then and wants to use this game to advertise the price cut.  No one really knows.But one thing is certain , Gurreilla games is working really hard.

I'm a big fan of the new color to the level shown off at e3 2007.

The lighting and such feels so much more natural now.