By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 12 HD Killzone 2 Single Player mode videos!!!

Well that's ... f***** impressive! Looks like the "playstation 3 ultimate media center device of the XXI°C" has some secret ressources! This game can be compared to the most beautiful games released on PC recently! I wonder if heavy rain, god of war III and uncharted 2 will be as impressive as this one!

Well done guerrila, europe rules ^^

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
bbsin said:Give it a rest. There's not one game I know of that displays an immunity to dying from getting shot on the foot.

If you want to play the "photo realism card", it IS possible to faint and (or then) die by getting shot on the leg.

Also, the shot you were talking about hit slightly under his kneecap, not anywhere near the foot.

Oh, I now understand why he died after one shot...it was a slightly below the knee cap shot. That is nearly as fatal as a head or chest shot. 

What's your point? name me a game that prevents the player from dying if a bullet hits anywhere besides the chest or head. If you can't, then stop your meaningless bickering. 

I guess we should also criticize Gears of War for allowing players to live even after getting shot in the face with a lancer bullet.

^^^no this kinda criticism only applies to killzone 2.it has to be picture/real life perfect before people give it the credit it deserves.

bbsin said:
Jackson50 said:
bbsin said:Give it a rest. There's not one game I know of that displays an immunity to dying from getting shot on the foot.

If you want to play the "photo realism card", it IS possible to faint and (or then) die by getting shot on the leg.

Also, the shot you were talking about hit slightly under his kneecap, not anywhere near the foot.

Oh, I now understand why he died after one shot...it was a slightly below the knee cap shot. That is nearly as fatal as a head or chest shot. 

What's your point? name me a game that prevents the player from dying if a bullet hits anywhere besides the chest or head. If you can't, then stop your meaningless bickering. 

I guess we should also criticize Gears of War for allowing players to live even after getting shot in the face with a lancer bullet.

Woa woa woa, lets not go getting all defensive now, after all, you didn't make the game (did you?)

However, I believe that a high power rifle shot to the leg, would indeed kill you, albeit slowly.  Massive blood loss is a bitch. 

But I think it would be sweet if when he was shot the guys leg kicked back and he fell to the ground and began crawling for a place to hide.  THAT would be badass.

Epoch said:
bbsin said:
Jackson50 said:

Woa woa woa, lets not go getting all defensive now, after all, you didn't make the game (did you?)

However, I believe that a high power rifle shot to the leg, would indeed kill you, albeit slowly.  Massive blood loss is a bitch. 

But I think it would be sweet if when he was shot the guys leg kicked back and he fell to the ground and began crawling for a place to hide.  THAT would be badass.

Excuse me? I'd love to hear your opinion of how exactly am I the one that's being "defensive".

FPS games aren't simulators of realistic human bodies. The models you see before you are just a bunch of hitboxes with health points covered in textures. When the hitpoints go below zero, the model dies. It's not hard to grasp, every game runs this way.

But hey, I bet you didn't know that there are sniper rifles that currently exist that can blow your legs off which would result in the victim fainting due to shock, and eventual death due to blood loss huh? But then again, if I said that, some people would use the missing animation of a leg falling off as another stupid arguement.

This whole nit picking of detail makes some of you look pretty defensive, there's always an excuse somewhere.

Around the Network
bbsin said:What's your point? name me a game that prevents the player from dying if a bullet hits anywhere besides the chest or head. If you can't, then stop your meaningless bickering. 

It is not that he died but that he died instantly...a one-shot shin kill. Yes, by all means criticize Gears. I am not a fanboy, if that is what you are insinuating. 

CGI-Quality said:
@ Jackson

Why all the Killzone 2 negativity bud? The games looks and plays fine, why all the beef?

I wish I could pinpoint the reason I dislike KZ2. It partly stems from the two lame FPS (KZ and Nam 67) games Guerrilla previously made. 

CGI-Quality said:
@ Jackson

Why all the Killzone 2 negativity bud? The games looks and plays fine, why all the beef?

Because, while it's ok for other games to allow enemies to die from getting shot in the legs or feet, it's apparently a big no-no and deal breaker for Killzone2.

Jackson50 said:
bbsin said:What's your point? name me a game that prevents the player from dying if a bullet hits anywhere besides the chest or head. If you can't, then stop your meaningless bickering. 

It is not that he died but that he died instantly...a one-shot shin kill. Yes, by all means criticize Gears. I am not a fanboy, if that is what you are insinuating. 

You a fanboy? true or false, I could care less, it has nothing to do with my point. I was just using Gears as an example since it's a popular game. I'll use any other examples if you want...

For instance. I've shot enemies to death in COD4 with a shotgun to the toes, are you going to whine about that?

I've also punched an enemy to death in uncharted, is that also a problem?

In Farcry2 you could shoot someone in the neck and they'd fall down while grasing their knees. etc

The only thing you're doing now is nitpicking and whining about a minor issue (which can probably be fixed by upping the difficulty) that has always been in vidogames. You're acting like KZ2 is THE exception here. Cut the crap already.

I have nothing to say, words cannot describe.