By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghostbusters relaunch trailer, release date, and new progress report

Gamerace said:

I expect mediocrity from this title. If reviews prove me wrong then it'll get my attention. ....maybe.

Edit: No offense if you're working on this twesterm.   It's just seems like another movie license game (sans movie) and well, you know.

Can't blame a person for having an opinion, though I will say it isn't just another movie license game since there is no movie to tie it into.

Movie license games generally suck because there's a very short development time and the game has to pigeon holed into a very specific story and timeline of events.  This game doesn't have to deal with either of those.

Around the Network

This game still looks entirely bitchin', Twesterm. I'll be picking it up, if only to heckle you for it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

twesterm said:
Onyxmeth said:

Seeing as Ghostbusters is the single greatest piece of cinema ever released, I must own this game in June. Do not dissappoint me twest. You have a lot to live up to. Remember this?

Don't worry, we'll be better than that. 

Setting the bar a little low with that one aren't you? Can't wait to try this one out honestly. Almost anytime I can fight the Stay Puft marshmallow man is a good time for me.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
twesterm said:
Onyxmeth said:

Seeing as Ghostbusters is the single greatest piece of cinema ever released, I must own this game in June. Do not dissappoint me twest. You have a lot to live up to. Remember this?

Don't worry, we'll be better than that. 

Setting the bar a little low with that one aren't you? Can't wait to try this one out honestly. Almost anytime I can fight the Stay Puft marshmallow man is a good time for me.

You know, funny thing is I actually remember liking that game as a kid and what's even funnier is so do most other people that played the game as a kid (even the NES version).  Now anyone that plays it (myself included) thinks it's absolute garbage but it's still just funny that so many people have fond memories of such a bad game.

cool, i love the movies. cant wait for them to be released on blu-ray and also will get this game as well on launch day.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

twesterm said:

You know, funny thing is I actually remember liking that game as a kid and what's even funnier is so do most other people that played the game as a kid (even the NES version).  Now anyone that plays it (myself included) thinks it's absolute garbage but it's still just funny that so many people have fond memories of such a bad game.

That seems true of a lot of the older games. I used to play Altered Beast, or the NES Ninja Turtle game for hours on end. I can't touch those piles of crap today though. I think it shows just how much the industry as a whole as improved.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Awesome stuff.

June is so long away, though. :(

I want this game so bad....

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Great release date, just about a week before my birthday. The only problem is that I'll be in Europe for most of June. =(
As a Ghostbusters fan, I am definitely exited for this game... I'm gonna go watch the movies now. =D

Wow. The Wii version looks totally cartoony.

I'm expecting good things from this title.