By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the wii beat the Ps2 week record

Will the wii beat the Ps2 week record

i think the wii will sell more copies worldwide to beat the ps2's formidable record

Around the Network

The way Wii is selling i think it will.

What's the record?

1.7 million

Not if it stays supply constrained in the US.

The DS is doing it this week though.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

yeah the ds cant stop selling

Well, the Wii did about 1.35 million this week, and it didn't quite beat the Wii's record set in 2007 of 1.46 million units.

But here's the thing, that record was set on the week ending on the 23rd of december. The Wii moved about 700,000 units a week over the rest of last year's holiday season. If the Wii were to follow the same pattern this year, it would sell over 2.5 million units on the last week before Christmas.

I don't think that's going to happen, since demand won't be quite so pent up this holiday that Nintendo can send a double shipment and have it fly off the shelves like that. But I do think that 2 million might be possible.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The Wii has taken the record for best home console Black Friday week sales even without Japan in.

The DS broke the record last year with sales of 2,012,422: http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=Wii&reg3=All&weeks=175&weekly=1

But for home consoles it stands at PS2 with 1,761,665.

We'll probably see the first 1M+ sales in a single week for a single territory by either the DS or Wii by Christmas-peak though.

Close but no.

Yes it will, but the DS broke it twice last year and may do it more this year.

Wii should manage to break 2 million this year, but DS has a chance at 2.5 million.