By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If there is going to be a price cut for the PS3 in March ...

Why does it benefit Sony and the PS3 by doing a price cut in march rather than now?

Sales are down but they can't cut the price, thats pretty well known. What changes in March though?

Around the Network

probably a new manufacturing process and smaller die rollout for the chips perhaps?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

End of fiscal year for retailers? Just a random guess :X

Sales are way higher now, meaning much higher losses. They can spread out the losses from March to September that would have been equal to October to December.

End of fiscal year lol! But the real question is: is it a 50 or a 100$ cut??? That's the important thing cause if they come with a 350$ playstation 3, it will be pretty useless, we need a real and strong 100$ price cut!

Around the Network

Aren't they already losing badly?

They don't want to lose even more?

the new cell will be ready by Jan/Feb 09 ,that reduces the cost drastically so if they drop now they will have much bigger loss compared to 2-3 months from now.

also it depends on how much Sony wants to drop the price?50?100?(50 now and 50 for holidays?)

Yhea the new cell is under construction by toshiba and its suppose to cut cost by alot but that go into mass production in 2009.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Nobody knows if Sony will cut prices in 2009.

Depends on the economy.
And things don't look good for 2009 WW.

My Gaming Setup

As others have stated, new smaller profile chips will be ready very early next year, and that will give Sony room to drop the price. I would like to see Sony stick with the current price point until September of next year, but I would not be suprised to see it around March. It really comes down to what Sony wants. A $50 cut in march is bad for Sony and consumers, a $100 cut in March is great for consumers and horrible for Sony, $100 cut in September is bad for consumers but very nice to Sony.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL