By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kingdom hearts 2 producer, interested in the xbox 360

Soriku said:
@mrstickball

1. ToV isn't a sequel to anything. It's a new original Tales IP.

2. Well duh the 360 is better than the PS3 development wise. But still doesn't trump the Wii in terms of easiness and less cost.

3. Attach ratios don't mean crap. You could have a console with 100 units sold and every game released sells 1 copy to each unit and the console would have 100% ratio. Does that make it better than the console that has 30 mil units sold and a game sold 3 mil but only sold to 10% of the ratio? No. Raw numbers is what counts. Raw numbers and development, marketing, etc. tied in. That goes with #2.

4. Not like KH games have had DLC anyway, so what's the point of bringing it up? Many HD RPGs don't have DLC...why should this suddenly become a plus? Chances are if they make KH3 for the 360 they'd include everything in the disc without need for DLC.

5. None of the Wii's core games are even big. ToS: DotNW is much smaller than ToV when comparing, yet it already outsold it. NMH sold 300k but is Suda's best selling title. Games on the GC, PS2, GBA, etc. from him? Didn't get near that. So really, many core games have sold fine. The bigger core games like SSBB or Zelda or whatever have sold in the millions. Sure, they're Nintendo titles, but so what? They're big games...just like KH.

6. Only in NA. In Japan and EU where more than half sales come from, the Wii is kicking the 360's ass without any big third party titles.

1. ToV is still a sequel in the Tales franchise, even if it's not a direct sequel to the previous game, as ToS2 is....Isn't Grand Theft Auto: Vice City a sequel to III? I think so.

3. Ok, attach ratios don't mean crap, eh? Then how is the Xbox 360 is within 2 million software units for the year in North America and Japan combined, but a gap of 10 million hardware units in the same territories?

4. Neither did the Tales series before hitting the X360. But DLC exists for Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, and almost every other RPG for the X360.

5. Still doesn't change the fact that the X360 has sold far more games.

6. And as shown, the X360 has sold enough software in North America to cross a significant portion of that gap - it's within 2 million software units between North America and Japan combined. And that's even including every first-party Nintendo title that's sold! The 3rd party game would be even larger in the X360's favor!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
No, someone's mentioned that. But it went out the window and replaced with "lol MS can buy anybody and anything" Even though I personally don't thinks MS bought anything. I could explain that in more detail if someone asked.

pfft, what a cop out, ruins the whole debate

If anything, MS would just buy exclusive DLC which they have been confirmed to do...but I don't think KH would ever see any DLC. What would they release? Costumes and Keyblades? *yawn* The obvious answer would be bonus worlds, but I don't see that happening.

At the end of the day I'm happy no matter where it goes (except DS and PSP, which it won't...I hope) because I own each console and can play it no matter what.

Now, I'm off to go play KH1 haha,

Soriku said:

Still, just because it managed to sell Gears or something well is no guarantee KH as well as the Wii especially considering demographics. Be honest now...indivdually, would a KH game more on the Wii than the 360 especially considering the demographics again?

What are those demographics for wii and for 360? :O

Esa-Petteri said:
Soriku said:

Still, just because it managed to sell Gears or something well is no guarantee KH as well as the Wii especially considering demographics. Be honest now...indivdually, would a KH game more on the Wii than the 360 especially considering the demographics again?

What are those demographics for wii and for 360? :O

prolonged adolescence?

Around the Network

@ Sorika, yeah but...

@Soriku

Ok, now I see what you meant. Wii owners prefer kiddie games, right? :o

KH3 on the Wii would make the most sense. However, Square Enix are quite illogical these days do I'll say they take the stupidest decision: PS3 exclusive.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Esa-Petteri said:
@Soriku

Ok, now I see what you meant. Wii owners prefer kiddie games, right? :o

No, he meant that a kiddie game would be more accepted in the Wii than in the X360

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Smashed said:
PS3 exclusive.

/THREAD.

Could I interest you in a lifetime membership of the Flat Earth Society?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).