By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii See It Best Sales EVER In The West

I believe this is true.

Last Year the week of cmas was the biggest week ever WW, and unless Japan comes in at about 130 this week will be number 2 overall.

But the sales of the Wii in west (all non japan) is the highest ever. Last year the week before cmas over 240k Wiis were sold in Japan. The Weeks total was 1.45 mil. Means ABOUT 1.2 mil were sold in the west. As of right now, the Wii is at 1.32.

I know someone will come on and say "You fanboy the Wii always sell good..." or something like that... BUT if the Wii's sales were already fricken amazing. What does that make this week?????

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I wonder how much higher it could go.

the wii never ceases to amaze me at what sales it can generate.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Could it do 2million in xmas week?

I think it can do 2 million

I think its funny how there are 8 threads about the best 360 week ever, but the Wii is setting records here and it gets no love : )

I guess the Wii's earthshattering sales are just expected now days... I guess last people were still holding onto their fad theories.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Its amazing, the problem is people are in denial about the Wii's success.

Its difficult to admit that the PS2 equivalient of this generation is again out selling the technically more powerfull competitiors.

Well congrats to Nintendo, but PLEASE keep your logo red. Its classic mate, dont fuck up the classics.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

If I remember correctly, there was talk of a 2 million week last year as well. Though that time, I wasn't really informed enough to have any opinion about it.

It COULD happen, provided there won't be shortages this year...

This is invisible text!

Man o man if people thought the Wii was a fade is now sooooo wrong. Wii is not the new name when it comes to gaming. When ever you see you a gaming video it will be for Wii. The Wii is on fire!!!!!!!!!

check out the almost vertical curve on total sales graph. Its clear now it was production capacity that held it up

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The Wii is a bomb.

A nuclear sales bomb, that is!

go go Nintendo!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral