By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tired of being you? Science can make you think you're somebody else.

Pretty awesome at least on the scientific side. I can't say I encourage people abandoning their problems by just forgetting who they are, but it sounds like it would make a good movie (or has already made a few good movies).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

You guys don't get it. Instead of using virtual reality to fondle a 3-breasted woman, YOU CAN BE A 3-BREASTED WOMAN! WE ALL CAN!

Where do I sign?

Pfft. Beer makes me think I'm somebody else.

d21lewis said:

But you can have beer while thinking your someone else thus causing you to think your someone else......again!

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
d21lewis said:

But you can have beer while thinking your someone else thus causing you to think your someone else......again!

Now, you're freaking me out!!

Around the Network

i want to be ioi.

???? who am I ???  who are you ??? what the hell am i'm doing on this Site ????

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

That is nice but what does Fight Club have to do with it. Tyler had multiple personalities.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

The_vagabond7 said:
A virtual reality game where I identify the virtual body as my own would be crazy trippy.

I'd be PISSED if someone shot the body I identified with....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Elite1 said:
That is nice but what does Fight Club have to do with it. Tyler had multiple personalities.

"That's what I was thinking."

Really, though.  The delusions of the protagonist were a completely different thing. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!