By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartzs PSN game sharing your thoughts?

What? Some of you need to chill out. Sony knows of this feature, so why not take advantage of it? If they were worried about it, they would have done something about it a long time ago.

Lets not forget, if you share it with 4 other people, and your hard dive screws up, and that content is deleted, guess what? You have to repurchase it. It comes with disadvantages.

Around the Network
oliminator1994 said:
ok it was just a thought i didnt think people would be so strongly against getting games for free that they would have got anyway.

Saving time and money

oh well

So you think it's right to screw over the devs (or dev) that made the game that you wanted to buy in the first place?

Do you consider yourself a fan or a problem within the industry? 

tbh there are a few sites which do it but i wouldnt bother doing it as many people do end up being scammed. do it with people you know personally and trust

Does this work anything like Wii VC gifting?  noname2200 is organizing a Wii Secret Santa event (http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51270); maybe the VGChartz PSN users can have something like that as well.

@bbsin

Calm down. If Sony thought this was widespread, they would have done something about it.

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
@bbsin

Calm down. If Sony thought this was widespread, they would have done something about it.

I am calm. But you're not answering the question.

It's not about Sony, it's about whether you respect the devs or the industry.

In the end, you're one of two things. A leech or a fan. Someone that screws the devs over (mostly small independent devs on PSN) or someone that supports them. Do you know what it feels like to be uncredited for your hardwork? I do, and it sucks.

No, I think people should pay for their own games. It is good for them to allow some sharing in the first place, and we should not remove their trust by misusing that ability

Alasted said:

Does this work anything like Wii VC gifting?  noname2200 is organizing a Wii Secret Santa event (http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51270); maybe the VGChartz PSN users can have something like that as well.

no, it works nothing like the Wii's gifting service.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@bbsin

If the devs are ignorant enough to put these games on PSN, without knowing about this game sharing, they deserve it. If they, or Sony, were worried about this becoming widespread, they would have done something about it.

If they become upset because people are doing this and Sony ENCOURAGES those people to do it, maybe XBox live would be their next choice. I won't stop doing it because there is nothing wrong with it. If Sony says I can do it, I will. If they say I can't, I'll stop.

This won't go well. It would be much easier to buy your own games.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy