By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Quick, grab the nearest book to you

Thus, somewhat remarkably, Huston oversaw the best screen adaptations of, on the one hand, W. R. Burnett (The Asphalt Jungle) and, on the other, James Joyce (The Dead).

Around the Network

Listen to me,he said in low but a distant voice.

From Vampire Hunter D

Take my love, take my land..

"I had not thought Mr. Darcy so bad as this--thought I have never liked him, I had not thought so very ill of him--I had supposed him to be despising his fellow-creatures in general, but did not suspect him of descending to such a malicious revenge, such injustice, such inhumanity as this!"

Guess which book I'm reading in English...

Harry and Ron both jumped out of the way as several knives soared out of it, flew across the kitchen and began chopping potatoes, which had just been tipped back into the sink by the dustpan

I'm sure you can guess the book

Munkeh111 said:
Harry and Ron both jumped out of the way as several knives soared out of it, flew across the kitchen and began chopping potatoes, which had just been tipped back into the sink by the dustpan

Is it book 4? I'm not really sure, but I think it is

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Munkeh111 said:

Is it book 4? I'm not really sure, but I think it is

Congratulations!

marriage wasnt a game, some contest where all spoils went to the victor

"Her gray, sunstained eyes stared straight ahead, but she had delibritly shifted our relations, and for a moment I thought i loved her."

From the Great Gatsby.

tarheel91 said:
"I had not thought Mr. Darcy so bad as this--thought I have never liked him, I had not thought so very ill of him--I had supposed him to be despising his fellow-creatures in general, but did not suspect him of descending to such a malicious revenge, such injustice, such inhumanity as this!"

Guess which book I'm reading in English...

COuldn't you just see one of the 20 movie adaptations.

Oh wait my bad... I had another book closer to me....

"Ramin what are you doing there?"

Not as good.

Damn you Batman Death in the Family.