By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sonic be like Mario?

thekitchensink said:
Nintendo has made billions in profit, and can afford to spend years and years fine-tuning one game. Sega doesn't have that luxury.

Besides, Unleashed seems to be good for the most part, the Rush titles on DS were great 'New Sonic the Hedgehog'-style classic sidescrollers, and Black Knight looks promising, too.

Wait. make more words!!

There is new 2d sonic?

Around the Network

You know whats funny, Sonic in smash bros, his level and character traits were actually more in tune with his genesis games than his recent ones.

Sega, its not that hard. Just make a running sonic game, that's it, I don't care if I can beat it in six hours or less. I don't want free roaming worlds, fishing, mechs, bestiality, werehogs, other shitty characters or talking swords.

Just make a sonic game. That's it. Not so hard.

Dinomax said:
You know whats funny, Sonic in smash bros, his level and character traits were actually more in tune with his genesis games than his recent ones.

Sega, its not that hard. Just make a running sonic game, that's it, I don't care if I can beat it in six hours or less. I don't want free roaming worlds, fishing, mechs, bestiality, werehogs, other shitty characters or talking swords.

Just make a sonic game. That's it. Not so hard.

200% True

Keep it simple and keep it fast Sega.

I think Mario should be more like Sonic: Give me a new Mario game every few months.

I miss him so.

Not unless Mario is dead!

Around the Network

Sonic unleashed is a great step in the right direction the sonic sections that is they

Now that they have the right formula they just need to do some fine tunning in the gameplay ,slow sonic a bit add more platforming and now that the engine is built just add more levels, or even better remake some of the levels and make them downloadable content on live and psn

Unleashed is getting ridiculous reviews comparing this game with sonic 06 is just retarded its a way better game and gamers in general are enjoying it allot some even the warehog part lol

I think that is what sega is doing with sonic.

Sonic Unleashed is great. If you go in thinking that you really want Sonic to play like the old games then you may be dissapointed but if you go in with an open mind you will have loads of fun. Both me and one of my friends have Gears 2, left 4 dead, nhl 09, halo 3...etc on hold until we beat sonic unleashed.

Besides, did you see the production values that game has? Its one of the best looking games made this gen... Sega went for quality here.

You mean having something along the lines of Sonic, Sonic 2, Super Sonic Adventures, Super Sonic Adventures 2, Sonic and Friends, Super Sonic Galaxy, Super Sonic Bros. etc. and then have Sonic be in every possible sports game ever along with cameos in various other games?

No, he should not be like Mario

I'd hope Mario would be more like Sonic and have more frequent games in the series!

A mario game is no greater than the olympics or world cup, yet we see one new game every 6 years!

As for Sonic Unleashed, I really liked both the day time and werehog stages. What I don't like however, is a completely 2D Sonic game in a 3D capable console. 2D games stay on handhelds.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

kylohk said:

I'd hope Mario would be more like Sonic and have more frequent games in the series!

A mario game is no greater than the olympics or world cup, yet we see one new game every 6 years!

As for Sonic Unleashed, I really liked both the day time and werehog stages. What I don't like however, is a completely 2D Sonic game in a 3D capable console. 2D games stay on handhelds.

Here are all the games Mario has made apperances in the last 2 years (2007-2008). Quite a lot... Sonic makes lots of games, but mario makes more.

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Super Sluggers

Mario Strikers Charged

Mario Party DS

Mario Party 8

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Super Paper Mario

Wario Land: Shake It

Super Smash Bros. Brawl