By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Xbox 360 has overtaken the PS3 in Europe!!

kowenicki said:
doesnt really matter does it... only one figure counts... total worldwide sales.

Its odd though that the console sale differences pretty much come down to language. The 360 rules in the English speaking world. UK, USA, Aus.

Actually, the most important figure that countes is profits...which ps3 is losing at, and stand very little chance of ever catching up.  M$ has more money, and with each console generation, it will get stronger...Borg style assimilation.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Gabriel84 said:
UK is not Europe
PS3 won't stand a chance in UK
and UK is a bigger market than Japan atm

Your right but it does have a big chunk of EU sales. And the rest of EU seem very happy purchasing a 360 at the mo to. Let me ask you. Honestly every fanboy here would of said LOL to anybody who stated that the 360 would practically double PS3 sales in EU this Xmas. Even with the price cut PS3 fanboys stated that it will do nothing at all in EU. Funny how now they look at sales and it's because of the price cut. Hmmmm

selnor said:
tombi123 said:
selnor said:
tombi123 said:
The year and a half head start sure made a difference :)

PS3 will be back on top with a price cut.

Of course it will...........Of course it will, won't it?

De Ja Vu is the craziest thing.

The last time the PS3 had a price cut in Europe, it caught up and passed the 360 pretty quickly. Then the 360 has (2) price cuts in Europe and passes the PS3 fairly quickly. So when the PS3 next gets a price cut in Europe, it should pass the 360 fairly quickly, no?

If my local shops in UK are anything to go buy, it's gonna be much tougher. As I said before they only have 2 bays for PS3, 8 for 360 and 12 for wii. They cut PS3 from 4 to 2 last week. UK PS3 is certainly not really looked at much. This is in Game the biggest highstreet shop for Games consoles.

What part of the UK are you from? Here in Brighton (south coast) the shelving space is pretty even between Wii, PS3, 360 in Gamestation and Zavvi (don't visit Game very often/ at all).

The UK is the 360 strongest market in Europe. The PS3 only passed the 360 in Europe because of mainland Europe. I expect mainland Europe to do it again next time the PS3 gets a price cut.

Ronster316 said:
Its true, go in any GAME store and even the vast majority of cex or gamestation stores in the UK and 360 exposure is far higher than ps3 exposure, one cex i went in recently had Six 360 shelves compared to a paltry two shelves for ps3.

what a blaitant lie.

Million said:
Ronster316 said:
Its true, go in any GAME store and even the vast majority of cex or gamestation stores in the UK and 360 exposure is far higher than ps3 exposure, one cex i went in recently had Six 360 shelves compared to a paltry two shelves for ps3.

what a blaitant lie.

Oh, you been to a lot of cex's in london lately?

Theres new stores opening all the time and they stock far more 360 stuff than they do ps3 stuff.

Around the Network
Million said:
Ronster316 said:

what a blaitant lie.

Not really, I was a currys (albeit a small one) 6 rows of 360 software and 2 for PS3, I actually had a hard time finding PS3 games for a moment.

@ Well they must re-arrange the stores when I visit because the ratio's your claiming are news to me.

I never said the 360 never had more shelf space but it's not 3:1 .

There was a time in the UK when despite the 360 still been ahead in sales that some shops had more ps3 shelves than they had 360 shelves, i visited a GAME store in wood green london and it had more ps3 shelves than 360, this was around august 2007, when i go to that same store now theres easily more 360 shelves, things can turn around quickly in this business.

Well all the games i've visited won't shift shelf space so drasticaly that at one point PS3 has slightly more shelfspace to the point that the 360 has a 3:1 shelf space ratio.

There are 1.6 Million PS3's in the Uk and 2.6 Million 360's that's a 0.6:1 ratio or 2.4:4 to make it clearer.