By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Xbox 360 has overtaken the PS3 in Europe!!

tombi123 said:
The year and a half head start sure made a difference :)

PS3 will be back on top with a price cut.

Of course it will...........Of course it will, won't it?

De Ja Vu is the craziest thing.

Around the Network
-General_Ram- said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBb8cxyh6m8

Its PARTY TIME 360 fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go General.

As long as the 360 continues to dominate in the USA and UK then i as a resident in the UK am going to be a happy gamer.

Any bets on when the lead in Europe will belong to Sony again?

selnor said:
tombi123 said:

The last time the PS3 had a price cut in Europe, it caught up and passed the 360 pretty quickly. Then the 360 has (2) price cuts in Europe and passes the PS3 fairly quickly. So when the PS3 next gets a price cut in Europe, it should pass the 360 fairly quickly, no?

Around the Network
-General_Ram- said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBb8cxyh6m8

Its PARTY TIME 360 fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tombi123 said:
selnor said:
tombi123 said:

The last time the PS3 had a price cut in Europe, it caught up and passed the 360 pretty quickly. Then the 360 has (2) price cuts in Europe and passes the PS3 fairly quickly. So when the PS3 next gets a price cut in Europe, it should pass the 360 fairly quickly, no?

If my local shops in UK are anything to go buy, it's gonna be much tougher. As I said before they only have 2 bays for PS3, 8 for 360 and 12 for wii. They cut PS3 from 4 to 2 last week. UK PS3 is certainly not really looked at much. This is in Game the biggest highstreet shop for Games consoles.

UK is not Europe
PS3 won't stand a chance in UK
and UK is a bigger market than Japan atm

Its true, go in any GAME store and even the vast majority of cex or gamestation stores in the UK and 360 exposure is far higher than ps3 exposure, one cex i went in recently had Six 360 shelves compared to a paltry two shelves for ps3.

Actually, the only reason why the PS3 sold so astonishingly good in 2007 and the first months of 2008 was, that the worldwide economy in that time was so extraordinory high as never before. There never before had been a time in history where worldwide economy grew by 4.5 percent for many years, as it did in the past years.